If I decide to sell my htc incredible, how much should i sell it???General

Last Updated:

1. Rmattar23

Rmattar23 Member This Topic's Starter

So recently i had accidentally dropped my droid incredible and the inside amoled screen had cracked. To repair it, it would cost me $110-120. So im deciding to maybe stay with my old phone until a new phone comes to verizon like the incredible hd which will maybe lte service.

If i decide to go this path and get another phone, if i were to fix my htc incredible and sell it to someone how much would u sell it for???

People would want it because they wont be confined to a 2 yr contract that verizon offers and all they have to do is activate my droid incredible. But without a 2 yr contract a droid incredible goes for about $500+. So if i were to sell it without the contract price i want to know how much. would u sell it for $300 or more or less. PLEASE HELP cause im deciding whether to fix it or not.

Advertisement
  2. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

I'd put a $400 price tag on it and see what kind of response you get. I sold my Eris a couple weeks ago for $200. It's all relative to how badly someone wants it and how deep they want to reach into their pocket. Worse comes to worse and you don't get any offers you can go down to $350 and so forth. If I wanted/needed an awesome phone, off contract, and had the money, I'd spend $400 on an Inc, but that's me.

3. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

One dollar Bob!

EgoDogg likes this.
  4. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member

same happened to me...I did minimum bid of $50 and a buy it now of $200, for $h1ts and giggles...turns out someone bought it for $200

5. msjulie

msjulie Well-Known Member

Just a note, I had this same thing happen only worse - kinda. Not only did the glass go but the LCD failed as well, amazing the phone worked fine so I got both the digitizer and lcd for 114 together from amazon. I did actually get it all working and everything but it was a little tedious and little bits of busted digitizer class wanted to get spread around. Not bragging, but I did a pretty good job and yet it wasn't perfect because of the little gasket between lcd and digitizer (had I known I might have tried to order one) and if you look at it just the right sideways angle, some light leaks. Maybe no one but me would notice :)

So anyway my unexpected long response is that if it costs you $120 to fix, or about, and 2 (one guy said 4) hours of your time, are you getting your money back?

Good luck !

6. bowerman

bowerman Guest

Just bought a used one in perfect condition on ebay for $260 shipped.. just to get an idea.

7. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

$300 is a good price.

8. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

can be cheaper? [​IMG]

9. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Depends on how good the phone condition is in.. what accessories.. I have white back door and two cases, and I'd ask $350 respectivly

10. ridobe

ridobe Guest

I paid $200 for one 2 weeks ago. Guy had a BB and someone bought him the Inc. He didn't like it so he met me at the Verizon store, checked it out and activated it for me and the BB for him. It was 24 days old.

I sold my Eris for $100 the next day.

11. HarleyChick

HarleyChick Well-Known Member

I bought my Inc on eBay. It was used for only a few weeks and was in pristine condition. I paid $335 w/free shipping. Best deal I ever made (okay, second best deal).

The best deal I ever had was I sold a slightly used LG Ally (for which I had paid all of $50 through Verizon online) for $250 on eBay. Best. Deal. EVER!

But good luck - it all depends on what people are willing to pay.

12. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

I'd probably start it at $150 -- if you go the eBay route -- just to get attention since it has the cracked screen.

I've sold many, many phones on eBay and am always pleasantly surprised with how much I end up with. :)

13. msjulie

msjulie Well-Known Member

what did you end up doing?

14. Shorte85

Shorte85 Well-Known Member

I'm curious as well. :)

15. Los88

Los88 Active Member

One billion dollars!

16. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

how'd you make out.. anything under $250 is a rip I hope you got at least that, esp if the phone is in a case nd good condition.

17. Rmattar23

Rmattar23 Member This Topic's Starter

So i ended up taking it to a repair shop and paid $99. I think im gonna keep it until better phones come out for verizon such as lte phones and dual core phones and then ill try to sell the incredible.