If I deodex with droid928's zip and theme...

Last Updated:

1. MadlibTheBadKid

MadlibTheBadKid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

...and decide to run another theme after, will I still be deodexed?

Advertisement
  2. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

If you put another theme over that one yes, if you go to a back-up you made before you flashed the theme then no.

The best thing to do would be to put on 928's stock theme (the one that keeps you deodexed (there is two)) and then put another theme on top of that. I have read of people who think they get a bad theme because there are parts of the old one left over. Some themes do not have things that the old one did and the old ones are kept in that case.

GrandMasterB and MadlibTheBadKid like this.
  3. Bert336

Bert336 Well-Known Member

what i did was installed the ROM (of your choice) and did a backup with ROM manager and then installed my theme. after a few months ill probably get tired of it and install a new theme so ill just restore back to the backup i did of the ROM prior to the theme and go from there.

If there is an easier way and prevent from loosing settings i have no clue of it. but this way seems to work for me :p

4. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Very true but some of my favorites themes have been mash-ups of leftover theme elements combining to create an uber theme and you have no idea you had a hybrid theme until you try something else :)

GMB