If I do a wipe and want to relode everything not by backup what happens to my apps.

Last Updated:

1. Shutech

Shutech Member This Topic's Starter

I had a question a couple days ago about a problem I was having after rooting my droid and reinstalling from backup pro. I don
    t know what happened but I did not delete the post but somehow it has been deleted. But that is for another post.

I am having problem with market-->downloads, The nutshell problem is that after rooting I had to redownload all my apps that were backed up and restored while they were on my Droid and working they were not in the download list and were not receiving update notices through Downloads. downloading them again put them on the download page and give me update notices again.

The one problem is that when I do an update the notice will pop up 2 instances of download and try and download the app twice at the same time till one of them completes and goes into install.

I have found no solutions to this problem.

Therefore I am thinking that since I am using pete's rooted FRG01b stock and am going to go to rooted FRG22. When I do this is if I do a wipe then install FRG22 and only save backups of my Bookmarks and other app data by using the backup to SD that are in the 3 programs that I need to retain and then reinstall my apps from market and not a backup I need to know a few things.

1. Will I still be able to redownload my paid apps easily without buying them again? Are paid apps just available for the first time you download and pay for them or are they redownloadable as needed and market has them linked to my phone somehow.

2 With paid apps If they are linked in market If I do wipe will my Market database survive the wipe or be wiped out and therefore my record of my bought apps wiped out. I of course need the market database to wiped as that is the point of doing this.

Thank You

Advertisement
  2. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

Apps are linked to your google account. They should all show up in the market once you are back up with that google account on the phone.