• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If I need to do factory reset running V1.1

I am running V 1.1 and woke up to my on screen back button not working. Still under warrenty and plan to call verizion. If they ask me do a factory reset, will it interfere with V 1.1? I just had shoulder surgey yesturday and am a one armed bandit so sorta limited in "work" I can do right now. I.E. I am gimp.

ALL a factory reset will wipe is the /data and /cache partions.

Custom rom's don't place over stock files they usually are placed ona freshly formated /system partion, depending what the update-script in said rom says to do. Hence when flashing roms you might see it say "Formating /system," or such. That is why you have to flash to go back stock as dautley said.

So no doing a factory reset will not get you to a stock rom. It will only wipe the data that you placed on the rom.

Sorry if what i said wasn't clear in irc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones