If I order Incredible online, how is it activated at home?General

Last Updated:

1. CrystalClear

CrystalClear Member This Topic's Starter

I have never bought a phone that wasn't purchased right in the store and had the details all taken care of by them. What really goes on when a phone comes directly to the customer? I'm sure I can handle whatever the procedure is but I'm just curious.

Also, if you have some trouble with the phone do you have to mail it back in all circumstances or can you go to a store for a swap? I suppose there are pros and cons to doing online orders. Tempting though, instead of taking my chances that there will be one in stock at the store in time (I'm trying to get one before 30-day trial is up on another phone, so considering returning that one and going back to my old device for a week in the meantime and order online, if that would work out and show me as upgrade-eligible in the system again).

Advertisement
  2. Nolesfan

Nolesfan Well-Known Member

The activation is simple over the phone. You just have to enter some numbers from your receipt. It's idiot-proof.

If you have a problem with the device, you can go to any Verizon store and they will handle it just like you bought it there.