if i ota update to froyo 2.2 can i still flash back to 2.0.1 with sbf?

Last Updated:

1. jlb44

jlb44 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I still have not received the ota 2.2 update for my motorola droid. I used to have my droid rooted to droidmod I think, I started having some problems (this was months ago so I'm sure everything was fixed) and I unrooted and went back to stock 2.0.1 and then used the ota to update to 2.1. So I am waiting on froyo and I was just wondering if I update and don't like it will I be able to flash back to 2.0.1. And also and info anyone knows about the ota update would be nice too.

Advertisement
  2. kal-el2680

kal-el2680 Member

I just unrooted from droidmod back to 2.0.1. I tried to do the forced update to 2.2, I got an error I think I need to have 2.1 to get to 2.2 do you know where I can find that?

Also you can force the 2.2 if you want

3. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

You can use the sbf to flash back to 2.01 if you don't like the update to 2.2.

4. jlb44

I'm not sure where to find it, but I guess you could just start a thread and someone has gotta know somethin that can help you.

5. xliderider

6. elvin7

elvin7 Member

Hey, I am about to be exactly where you were when you wrote this. I anticipated that there may be an issue with trying to go from 2.0.1 to 2.2 via ota and you seem to be confirming that. Have you resolved it? Did you have to load 2.1? Where did you find it (I'm not having much luck yet), thanks!

7. jlb44

Yeah, i wouldn't try to go from 2.0.1 to 2.2 ive heard a lot of problems with that. And i havnt actually tried it because im still at stock 2.1 waiting for 2.2 ota. But from what ive found out; if you just unrooted and are on 2.0.1 then u might have to force the 2.1 update then i think the 2.2 ota should come to you. If it doesn't i guess you could just try and force both of them. Sorry im not much help, but if you do figure it out please let me know, because im definitly going to root again soon and if you figure out a way to get back to 2.2 then tell me cause i for some reason might want to go back to stock 2.2

8. elvin7

elvin7 Member

Thanks for the reply. I managed to find & download a seemingly official version of 2.1 after having totally unrooted/ reverted back to stock 2.0.1. I loaded 2.1 w/o issue then & waited for the ota which had been firing all morning relentlessly thus the cause of my action today. Soon enough when I checked the "system update" section of the "about phone" section of settings, Verizon had pushed 2.2 & I just had to press install now. Worked! I'm happy to be at stock 2.2 awaiting my flash 10 in a couple of weeks.

Btw: F
    irst attempt at letting 2.2 ota roll didn't work, I suspected if I reloaded 2.1 again the ota would take. I was right

9. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

yep

10. wly

wly Member

I went from stock 2.0.1 yesterday morning and got the OTA notification directly to 2.2 and updated smoothly.

Haven't noticed any issues yet.

11. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

i have confirmed it from pete that you cant go to 2.2 without 2.1. Let me make that clear you have to have 2.1 to go to 2.2. OR you can go to the ''master'' froyo update so you can update from any rom to FRG01B. Hope it helped :)

12. wly

wly Member

Actually that's false, because I did it. Verizon pushed the OTA to my 2.0.1 phone.

13. Droidmaniac

Droidmaniac Active Member

Can you use ROM Manager to go to 2.2? (It's listed as a choice in the ROM selections), free version. If so, choose rooted or unrooted?

14. Patmos

Patmos Active Member

I just went back to a stock 2.01 on my Droid using RSD Lite. For some reason when I try to ota update it says my system is up to date. I have tried since last night and nothing. Any suggestions??

15. xliderider

Pete has the OTA zip files to force the 2.1 update on your phone:

Peter Alfonso

Go to the Downloads tab.