if i put a new rom on my eris will it erase all my stuff again?

Last Updated:

1. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have kaosfroyo v23 on my eris but would like to play around with other roms but i was wondering if i put another one on would it erase all my apps and contacts again?

Advertisement
  2. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

Yes... but your contacts should download back when you sign into your gmail account and you can download your apps from market again OR there are several programs to back up your system and settings which can be loaded back in after you flash to a new rom.

3. buff12db

buff12db Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and get Titanium backup. Pay a couple of dollars for the upgraded version, and you can do a restore of all of your backed up apps and their data without having to install each one individually from your SD card.
    With Titanium backup it takes me about 20 minutes to flash a new ROM and have everything up and running.

4. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

what are some free apps that i can backup my apps and contacts and how do i make sure my contacts are in my google account?

5. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Your contacts should already be backed up to Google. Go to www.google.com/contacts to double-check. If you notice any are missing, you'll have to go into your phone/account settings and sync your contacts.

6. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

do a nand backup of your current setup, and flash away. then, u can always go back to your nand aif you arent happy with any of the other ones you try.