If I remove Muve, can I put the phone on a normal plan.

1. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

I don't use Muve, and now that I've got the phone rooted, I believe that I can remove it from the phone by deleting Muve_Music_Handset.apk. And remap the key to restore the camera functioning as described here. Thanks Targon. That thread talks about a phone without Muve being a regular plan. That's what I'd like to do too.

Anyone know how?

Advertisement
  2. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

Backup, I was unable to delete the Muve_Music_Handset.apk.

What I tried to remove Muve_..apk was using ES File Expert with Settings checked for "up to root", "Root Explorer" Didn't work. Also I tried to change permissions, but it also did not allow.,
  3. Hordnerk

Hordnerk New Member

You should be able to get a regular plan without muve, even without removing it. The vitality has muve pre installed, but I am on a regular $55 a month plan.b :)
    gelige likes this.
  4. greasemonky

greasemonky Well-Known Member

You can remove it with system toolbox or link2sd and you can be on the regular $55 plan. You will need root to remove it thou. I have a 16gb SD card on mine and it works fine.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
    gelige likes this.
  5. Spz0

Spz0 Well-Known Member Developer

What Hord said -- just because you have a muve equipped phone, doesnt mean u have to be on that plan. Just go to a corp store, and downgrade to the smartphone $55/mo plan. ;)