1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

if i turn Mobile Network off, will i still be able to receive phone calls and SMS?Support

1. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

I work in a hospital so I'm surrounded by many thick walls and it seems to drain my battery a lot. If I turn on wifi and turn off mobile network, will i still be able to receive texts and phone calls?

Advertisement
    :
  2. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

3. Jensen

Jensen Well-Known Member

4. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

You won't get mms only.
  5. tomemail

tomemail Well-Known Member

I'm probably gonna get hammered for saying this, but here goes...i have found that when I'm roaming, my signal increases when I turn on mobile network. I usually want it of while roaming because it can hammer the battery. On phone calls with it off, I drop calls. I turn it on and retain enough signal to keep the call.
    Remember, this is while roaming/driving.
  6. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

you'll still receive texts and phone calls, even with mobile network AND wifi turned off.
  7. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

This is correct, OP. You dont need any WiFi's or mobile network to make calls or send/recieve texts.

you could leave them both off and be just fine.
  8. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

great, this is good to know. thanks!
  9. Yes, you can receive phone calls and text messages with mobile network (3G) turned off. However, you won't be able to download your voicemail to your phone unless you have 3G or 4G on. But you can always check your actual voicemail box instead of using digital. If you are in a building that blocks your 3G or 4G signal off. CDMA phones on a CDMA network seek out the best signal 24/7, hence we have great call quality compared to GSM phones/networks. Denying a signal to the phone drives the phone nuts, which depletes battery life.
  10. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

this is good to know.

what about weather, will it still sync? is the mobile network only for internet browsing then?
  11. With mobile network (3G), 4G, or WiFi off, no app can send or receive data, thus the app will try to sync but its not going to happen.
  12. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

13. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

You will get SMS but not MMS.