If I use HTC Mail with gmail as exchange...Support

Last Updated:

1. CaveRacing

CaveRacing Member This Topic's Starter

I get my DINC tomorrow. YAY! Anyway, I am trying to figure out a few things before I get started with the setup.

I know that I can use the gmail app with my gmail account. I am already going to sync the calendar and contacts.

If I choose to use the HTC Mail app for my gmail (setup as exchange), do I need to set gmail (when logged in on the web interface) as IMAP? I know to use the m.google.com as the exchange server.

I've read countless posts on this put can't seem to find the answer to this one little question.

Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. wheelsup

wheelsup Member

I just use the Gmail app on the phone. The HTC Widget consumes memory apparently and downloads messages to the phone. The gmail app syncs directly and works great. I set it up (the widget) but honestly didn't like it. I prefer to keep everything remote and access from there.

Also it still caches the messages in your inbox, the first 10 or so I believe, in the app.

Try to keep everything Google, that will really help with keeping it nice and clean.

3. lafester

lafester Well-Known Member

i have to disagree completely.
    the htc app is nice... your inbox is right there without having to open a widget. plus the gmail widget opens your latest email first so you have to go through that before you get to your inbox.

IMO the exchange account is much easier to manage and configure.

4. CaveRacing

CaveRacing Member This Topic's Starter

So if I do use the exchange, do I need to enable IMAP on the gmail settings?

5. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

so dont use the gmail widget and use the gmail app :confused: