If I wait for Android 2.1, will that also include CL14?Support

Last Updated:

1. chixdigit

chixdigit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm just wondering if the 2.1 version of Android will also update my phone to CL14? or, would it still be at CJ05 even after it was upgraded to 2.1?

Hope that makes sense.. Basically, I'm just trying to decide if I should go through the trouble of getting the CL14 update before 2.1, or should I just wait for Android 2.1 and expect that that upgrade will also include the CL14 update?

Sorry if this is buried in one of the 13+ pages about the Sprint Update.. I couldn't find it, and even if it is buried in there, I think this is a decent enough question to get it's own title for other people to be able to easily find the answer to this question.

Thanks for any clarifcation on this..

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

cl14 won't matter once 2.1 is implemented since it is a new ROM, 2.1 is like a fresh start in a way. i think this might be why some sprint stores are saying it has been recalled, because 2.1 is close and it won't matter but only for another 2 weeks supposedly... basically, if a tech is going to do someting that will only last 2 weeks, it's not worthh his time, cause they are expensive and can be working on all the other peoples phones waiting to be worked on.

3. chixdigit

chixdigit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your helpful input Covert_Death...

Numus, do you really think that your input helped me (or anyone else with this concern) out at all? Maybe it might have been better if you just didn't share your badittude on this one at all? Yeah.. Wow..little angry??

4. eldiablojefe

eldiablojefe Active Member

Perhaps chixdigit WAS attempting to understand. That's usually why people ask questions. And sarcasm ALWAYS helps... ;)

5. SITH

SITH Well-Known Member

I think some people are listening to the wrong people. Thxs numus.

6. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Ok numus, you having a bad day? That was a bit harsh. Some people are noobs to android, and don't pick it up as quickly as others. Trust me though, I understand your frustration.

7. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was abrasive Numus :( BTW, what's a kernel?

kidding I'm kidding:p
    Edit: BTW Numus, wouldn't the basic answer be "yes" since the 2.1 would be implementing/including all of the M900 specific patches that are currently only in CL14? At least, I hope they choose to keep the updated network location patches (unless of course they choose to upgrade them).

8. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

To add...There's no proof that 2.1 is 2 weeks away, those are rumors. I'm guessing that it's much further away because of the cl14 release. The techs and store reps probably have less knowlege of this phone than the average user here and it's highly doubful that they're making the decision whether or not to upgrade a phone based on the rumored release of a future upgrade. From all indication, Samsung released a upgrade tool to the repair centers that's a pain in the butt to use and that's why so many repair centers still will not do an upgrade (and will lie about why). My big question is will Samsung trust us to upgrade our own phones this time around, or will they make everyone go through the find a competent repair center game again? I do think we'll get 2.1 sometime before June, but May 30th isn't out of the question.