If I want to try 2.1 coming from sholes

Last Updated:

1. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am loving being rooted and the sholes 2.05. Running at 1.2ghz is awesome. But lets say I want to try the 2.1 when it comes out. I have seen that some people are selecting the the 2.01 stock unrooted rom from the sholes updater now so that they will receive the 2.1 update when it comes out OTA. So one of my questions is, do I have to do that before the 2.1 comes out? Or can I wait until after it comes out. Go back to stock 2.01, then go into my phone and "check for updates". The next question would be if I don't like 2.1 and want to go back to the sholes 2.05. Will the sholes mod work from 2.1 so that I can go back and reflash it to 2.05?

Advertisement
  2. dmobile5

dmobile5 Well-Known Member

Not sure that check updates will work, but you can alwasy download the update manually go into recovery and then put it on from their...so theres no reason to unroot now just because your "waiting" for 2.1. Sholes mod will probably not work as it is a 2.01 ROM and not 2.1 so unless Sholes Mod comes up for a 2.1 ROM it won't work. Probably the MOST important thing is that 2.1 MAY break your root and MIGHT prevent you from rooting again. To avoid this I would just wait till someone comes up with a 2.1 update.zip that still allows you to be rooted.

3. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. It won't take long for the devs to cook up an improved version of the Droid 2.1 rom, especially since it seems ours will be missing some of the nicer features.

4. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright. I think that is good advice. Right now I think it's perfect so no need to change what isn't broken. If there are better options I think your right about devs adding them quickly.

5. Kirch21

Kirch21 Well-Known Member

You can follow THIS guide for bugless beast to get all the 2.1 features