• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

if iphone come to Verzion

I have heard that the Iphone was coming to Verizon on January 6th. It came from a store manager that I know but I think that it would be out on the internet somewhere if that was the true release date.
lies

Also it doesnt look like an iphone is 500.00 according to the apple website it looks like it is anywhere from 99.00 iphone 3 to 299.00 iphone 4 32gig.
APPLE WEBSITE
If this phone does come to Verizon it won't be any of those versions and trust it will be at minimum $299 for base model. Apple would have to completely redesign the phone for use with VZW whether it be LTE or CDMA(hope not).

Upvote 0
Well, maybe it will. There will be people who just see flash commercials and dont actually know anything about a product (i.e i see a commercial for an iphone therefor all other phones suck, because its made by apple, and an iphone.) So yes there are closet iOS users who will go for an iPhone on Verizon and had to settle with Android. In all though nothing will happen, its way to late for an iPhone comeback now that Android controls virtually all smart phones. if you would have asked this question about 2 or 3 years ago i would say 100% yes, though now no.

And as the Android, Anti-Apple person that i am (ready for biased views), Apple's phones are a piece of crap now.

Upvote 0
To those of you praying for an LTE only iPhone, well your going to be out of luck. There won't be an LTE only phone for at least 10 years.

Furthermore, if the iPhone went to VZW that would be good for us. Why?

MORE COMPETITION.

We need more competition, and if the iPhone is forced to compete with Android head on on VZW, and vice versa, with a little bit of BB and WP7 in the mix, things are going to start to get real heated, and we'll see innovations at a breakneck pace like never before.

And when it comes to speedy innovation, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has beaten Google at that game. That's exactly what we want, because that would throw Apple, Microsoft, and RIM in Google's back yard.

Upvote 0
I actually do want a small amount of people who use Android to go to iOS, mainly for tech-educated reasons. A lot of people who are not wise in the way of technology use an Android phone and think its an all-out-of-box situation. Thats the reason i like Android, because YOU change what you want and how the phone functions. The problem is people who are uneducated in this field just jump through the app market and say "it doesnt work on my phone, there for its a terrible app *one star*. Then they go around and say "Android is this slow, boring, and awful and an iPhone is amazing, because its an iPhone." We need a lot of people to leave this OS so they can stop giving it a bad name.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones