If iPhone were on Sprint, would you still use EVO?

Last Updated:

1. jeremysm1

jeremysm1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

After reading tons of posts it seems that there are people who like this and that about the iPhone and the EVO. It would appear to me, that these are the two top phones at the moment (maybe the Incredible too) and they have their differences.

However, while considering all the pro's and con's, if the new iPhone came to Sprint today, would you still choose the EVO over it?

Let me preface this by saying I am a big PC user, love technology and am generally not a big fan of Apple. However, every single person that I know who switched from a smart phone to the iPhone all agree that it just works---and works well. That alone typically makes them happy. However, most of them complain about the ATT network--but that wouldn't apply in this scenario.

If it were me, I'd move all of my phones to iPhones if they were on Sprint. Seemingly would be best of all worlds (hardware, rates and decent coverage). I hope the "chatter" about that happening would be true...but I doubt it will happen anytime soon. In the meantime, I'll probably go from my HTC Hero to the EVO to the next best Android phone in December etc. and stick with Sprint.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

nope.. I love my Evo... happy with it

3. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

Yes. I'll never own an iphone on any network.

4. Enellz

Enellz Well-Known Member

Had an iPhone for 3 years. The phone just became boring. Although the iPhone 4 is what the phone should've been last year. The screen and apps are nice, but I'm a tall guy. Big screens are my friends

wazzap1101 likes this.
  5. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

If the iPhone was on Sprint ... I would most definitely still choose the EVO 4G. I have the iPod Touch and feel the only good thing about the iPod Touch/iPhone is the games available. Whoopty Doo.

6. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

It's hard to chose the iPhone 4 over the EVO, even on Sprint, when the EVO beats all the specs of the iPhone besides battery life (small difference), resolution (even so, the EVO kills it there with a much bigger screen) and maybe build quality.

Why would they put that nice 940x640 resolution on a 3.5" screen?? that is probably the dumbest decision they made on this phone.

iPhone 4: no HDMI, no 4G, no expandable memory, no battery replacement, no kickstand, no flash, no hotspot, much smaller screen. no thanks

ocnbrze, Mikesnap and KASR like this.
  7. mattyjc

mattyjc Member

I've had all 3 iPhones and loved them all. I'm switching mainly because I'm sick of the crappy AT&T network reception I get (and I live in Philly).

I'm excited to try the EVO though.

8. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

No, I'd keep my Evo. I have an ipod touch though, so I can sample the iPhone apps and what not :)

9. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

I have an iPod classic that was free and works well enough for music in the car.

Screw the iphone.

10. kathrynhr

kathrynhr Well-Known Member

As an app developer, I have a moral objection to the entire concept of walled gardens. So, no.

11. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

EVO ftw. I have my iPad for all my iOS needs, and I tether it to my EVO. :D

12. joek71

joek71 Well-Known Member

Evo all the way, son have ipod touch so i can always play with it.

13. RTan

RTan Well-Known Member

I will pick Samsung Galaxy S. This device will layout all the applications like iPhone. It is iPhone + Android period.

14. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Not really. The commonly referenced image shows their version of the app drawer that looks like iOS ...they have typical android homescreens for widgets and what not.

15. cmanbrazil

cmanbrazil Well-Known Member

It really depends on what I could do on both. If the iPhone was on Sprint it would have 4g and the battery would be worse. Their video conferencing would be 4g as well. I would let them compete head to head.

I pick the best overall product for me. I thought I would love the itouch but didn't. However I love my mac book pro, and l osx in particular.

I think osx and Android have a lot in common. They both are great for multi tasking.

With all that said this phone is better than I expected

16. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

If I could get the Evo plan from Sprint (with unlimited wifi hotspot feature) for the iPhone 4.0, I would have bought that in a heartbeat over the Evo.

Don't get me wrong, I am eagerly awaiting arrival of my Evo... but the iPhone's easy sync with bluetooth keyboard (and hopefully other bluetooth HID profiles), their new iMovie app, and seamless syncing with Mac computers are EXACTLY what I have been wanting for several years now.

AT&T kills the iPhone for me.

17. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

I would easily pick the iPhone 4, while I like my EVO I find the iPhone just works. The reasons I would pick the iPhone is because it's smaller size (I find the EVO a little hard to hold with a firm grip and I wouldn't mind it being smaller in my pocket), better build quality (don't get me wrong the EVO is not cheap but the iPhone is solid and I hate the power button on the EVO), better battery life (I have wasted hours on tweaking the EVO and I am still not happy), better apps (well at least games right now), better virtual keyboard, better screen (the IPS panel is amazing and the DPI is overkill) and overall the iPhone just works.

I like the EVO's openness but I feel I have to do too much babysitting and tweaking to get it to do what I want to do. I wish there was a happy medium somewhere. *shrugs* I'm an EVO user now and will be for the next 2 years.

18. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

Not a chance.

19. wazzap1101

wazzap1101 Well-Known Member

same here, the evo seems completely different from the iphone. to me its more user friendly. Ive got an ipod to cater to my apple app store needs, but the evo will be taking care of my cell phone needs :)

20. freshbasil

freshbasil Active Member

Yes - but mainly for the battery life.

21. jerzeywill2010

jerzeywill2010 Member

No, iphone doesnt impress me. Smaller screen, no wireless router, video chat via wifi only, no flash, no hdmi.

22. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

Well, I'm still deciding whether to get the EVO, but it's unlikely I would be choosing an iPhone on any network.

23. GiftedPlacebo

GiftedPlacebo Well-Known Member

I'd stick with my EVO hands down. Here's why: EVO's huge screen & kickstand. Its simply awesome. Superior cameras (front and back). HDMI out. User swappable battery, including the much anticipated larger battery. SD slot. Why pay Apple major $$ for a cheap upgrade?

If you put an upgraded battery in the EVO, it beats the iPhone in every spec (except screen resolution, but that's ridiculous, why have that resolution in a tinier screen????)

Plus Android > iOS IMHO

24. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

Nope. My wife would probably choose an iPhone though.

25. gezzuzz

gezzuzz Well-Known Member

considering i sold my iphone just to get the evo i would say no.. i had the 2g/3g/3gs... i still had to plug in my phone everynight... so battery life is the same.. for me..

pcsperson likes this.