IF it launches the 2nd half of August - can I do this?

Last Updated:

1. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Long story short.

Official Upgrade Date is 9/1

Noted on Account (can upgrade THROUGH Sprint) 14 days early.

My preference is Best Buy - not even close - but - I want the phone. If I knew (if anyone knew LOL) that it would indeed be available on 9/1, and not be a repeat of the EVO shortages - then, I'm cool. BUT that ain't happening in my scenario. So,

Can I Get the phone from Sprint when it releases? Yes!

IF Best Buy has them in stock after 9/1, within the 30-day window - can I return the original phone to Sprint - I purchase my "keeper" @ Best Buy? If so - and restocking - or other downside?

Thanks - something to ponder while killing the time! LOL

Advertisement
  2. ramonini

ramonini Well-Known Member

I remember when I wanted to get the EVO .. All they could back was a month before your year ... Since my upgrade is due on october they told me the max they could go was september ... So who knows just try and talk to someone and you can get helped out ..

3. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Are you Premier? I think they have more leeway on a 24 (or 22) month upgrade than a 12 month upgrade. I'm premier - so 9/1 is 12 months.

4. ramonini

ramonini Well-Known Member

yea Im also a Premier .. Man did i try to get the EVO with the early upgrade but since all they could tell me was only one month the could lower to upgrade .. ended up buying the Evo and I have my upgrade available ...

5. liewbob

liewbob Well-Known Member

Personally, I avoid BestBuy whenever possible.
    They're a typical corporate big box store who would prefer laying off employees with seniority (in order to keep salaries down) to having knowledgeable salespeople on the floor.
    And they are much more concerned with selling you the product with the highest margin than getting you the best product for your needs - or what they would get for themselves. Costco is about the only big box store that seems to actually have some loyalty to their customers & employees.