If Kies doesn't connectSupport

Last Updated:

1. Metusion

Metusion Active Member This Topic's Starter

If we put asside the fact that Kies has many problems and that connecting the phone through usb is a real pain I found a solution that some of you might be interested in...

I wasn't able to connect to KIES a few days ago no matter what I tried.. I wanted to back up some contacts etc but couldn't.. Also I wanted it to work in case froyo comes out...

Anyway I found out the reason why it didn't work. Instead of using touchwiz I was using the launcher pro interface. Turned out that if I wanted to connect to KIES I had to switch back to the touchwiz interface and then connect the USB... Don't ask me why this worked but it did.. So if you have problems with KIES and aren't using touchwiz my advice is to put it back on in case you need to connect to KIES..

Advertisement
    goughy likes this.
  2. goughy

goughy Well-Known Member

This worked spot on for me. I happened to start using LP at the same time as upgrading to the new Kies and couldn't connect. Downgraded Kies and couldn't connect still. Thought I'd stuffed it up. But this has been spot on for me. New Kies installed and Home Switcher installed to switch back to TW and it connected no issues. Switched back to LP and it wouldn't connect. Switched to TW again and it connected. I don't really need to connect (maybe for firmware updates I don't know) but at least I know what's gone wrong for me. Worth a try, and big thanks.

Maybe we need a sticky thread with all the Kies connection fixes as there seem to be a few happening! And a poll to find out which launcher you were using and which fixes did or didn't work for you, if at all!!