If my Eris dials out accidentally one more time...General

Last Updated:

1. rob129

rob129 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm going to lay it on the ground and crush it...I've had a lot of phones over the years, I'm always buying the latest and greatest and I've never had a phone do this. The way this phone dials out accidentally, doesn't hang up when you push END is a real pain in the A...I'm sure if I took a pole this would be one of the more annoying problems this phone has. I hope a fix is in the next update or its bye bye Eris.

Advertisement
  2. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

i carry my phone in the pocket all the time...i never dialed anyone

3. sierrarot328i

sierrarot328i Active Member

Hit home after you're done talking then power off the screen.

Easy.

4. MisterMcGoo

MisterMcGoo Well-Known Member

Never had this problem

5. BigDaddyFromCincinnati

BigDaddyFromCincinnati Well-Known Member

I have had this happen to me some what.
    I always go to the home screen then power off and stick in my pocket.
    About 3 or 4 times now I here the dialer beeping numbers while I'm walking.
    I pull my phone out and it is on the emergency call screen typing in numbers.
    I do not wear tight pants either. Ha Ha.
    I'm trying to figure out a few lock screen problems out myself.
    Check out my lock screen post.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

6. JPW528

JPW528 Member

It would be really nice to have the phone return to the home page when you end a call instead of having to do it manually......... and maybe it does but I cant find it.

7. jmastron

jmastron Well-Known Member

Try installing "Not Call Log" from the market; it brings the phone back to the home screen after a call (or you can run some other app of your choice). This has helped immensely for me, though I agree that the dialer is sluggish and too easy to misdial from. My list of issues:

1) I wish there was a way to force the screen to lock while in a Bluetooth call, so that once a call starts I can put the phone back in my pocket.

2) The proximity sensor blanking should be optional while in a call -- incredibly annoying if I'm calling somewhere I need to listen...enter something...listen...enter something. And there should be an option to leave the number pad on the screen during the call.

3) Don't get me started on the need for Bluetooth voice dialing, which doesn't even work on the N1 -- the lack of any response to their Issue #1181 makes me think it will never be supported on the Android platform for reasons I can't understand.

8. smacky

smacky Banned

When you're done with a call, hit the end button once, hit home, and hit the end button again to turn it off. That's how I do it, and I have never called anyone in my pocket.