• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If RUU can't find phone then ...

dhays90

Jul 16, 2010
Hey Guys. If the RUU from
[ROM]RUU_Incredible_C_Froyo_VERIZON_WWE_3.26.605.1_Radi o_2.15.00.07.28_2k4k_NV_1.70 - xda-developers
is not finding your phone. I extracted the rom.zip from the .exe and was able to upgrade my phone using that by renaming the file to PB31IMG.zip. Currently i am unroot with S-on. I am sharing two links with you below if you don't know how to extract the rom.zip.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12286815/PB31IMG.zip
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Just copy the PB31IMG.zip file to your sd card and boot into h-boot and start the update.

I had just messed around this morning with downloading that new maintenance update and thought, okay, I'm gonna go ahead and take the plunge and root my incredible, lol. Ughhh, did all the reading I could and thougt well I'll worry about a different rom later but at least unrevoke/root it now. Well now I realize that you can't root this phone after this maintenance update if you were not rooted before s/on mode. Unless you want to try and download some older ruu and flash then root, then reflash this update.
Guess I'll have to wait to see if unrevoke team comes out with a new way of working this out. Just thought I'd let some of the noobs like me know this.

Upvote 0
I had just messed around this morning with downloading that new maintenance update and thought, okay, I'm gonna go ahead and take the plunge and root my incredible, lol. Ughhh, did all the reading I could and thougt well I'll worry about a different rom later but at least unrevoke/root it now. Well now I realize that you can't root this phone after this maintenance update if you were not rooted before s/on mode. Unless you want to try and download some older ruu and flash then root, then reflash this update.
Guess I'll have to wait to see if unrevoke team comes out with a new way of working this out. Just thought I'd let some of the noobs like me know this.

Yep, I made up a return to stock 2.2 thread in the root forum some time ago. You can load it via hboot and re-root and be right back in the game. No need to wait for Unrevoked to come up with a workaround for the root plug. Stock 2.2 can and always will be rootable. That's the beauty of it and why I made the thread:

http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/181255-how-downgrade-official-2-2-a.html

Upvote 0
Yep, I made up a return to stock 2.2 thread in the root forum some time ago. You can load it via hboot and re-root and be right back in the game. No need to wait for Unrevoked to come up with a workaround for the root plug. Stock 2.2 can and always will be rootable. That's the beauty of it and why I made the thread:

http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/181255-how-downgrade-official-2-2-a.html

If I understand that right, I could follow your guide, reflash 2.2 stock, unrevoke forever, then flash this maintenance update, and then guessing have to unrevoke again or no.
Thanks for the reply and the link.

Upvote 0
If I understand that right, I could follow your guide, reflash 2.2 stock, unrevoke forever, then flash this maintenance update, and then guessing have to unrevoke again or no.
Thanks for the reply and the link.

If you have S-on and you have installed the Nov. OTA update and try to downgrade it will fail cause "main version is older!" That is if you do it the way that guide show it right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones