If the buttons are not physical and are...General

1. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member

If the buttons are not physical and are part of the screen then i bet were still looking at qHD screen specs. The rest of the resolution will be used up by the pseudo buttons.

Advertisement
  2. WolfmanRobby

WolfmanRobby Well-Known Member

No, they have nothing to do with the resolution of the LCD and are not part of the "screen."

There are several parts in play here. The LCD (that's where resolution comes in) display. It stops where the black part of the frame starts.
    The "Buttons" are really just painted areas of the frame where the black paint is replaced with a White paint so that the backlight can shine through.

The "buttons" work because the "DIGITIZER" (The actual "Touch screen" part) extends down past the LCD display and over them to detect when you touch those areas.

So, no, we are not looking at qHD screen specs.
  3. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member

This was meant for the Nexus Prime with its 1280x720 screen.
  4. WolfmanRobby

WolfmanRobby Well-Known Member

Well there's your problem... you posted it in the Atrix forum!! :p:D:p:D:p LoL

Could have been worse... you could have posted it over on Crackberry.com! :eek:
  5. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

Yep explains the confusion. So I have moved your thread to the correct area.
  6. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

Wow, I read this and got so confused. Then realized the post was about the atrix....
  7. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Not understanding a single thing about the comments didn't tip me off that there was something up.

Is that bad?
  8. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

After all the Bs in the speculation thread, I think we can give you one "pass"
  9. princesse

princesse Member

Sorry if this is a dumb question...

I've only really played around an iPhone 4 (my boyfriend's) and when it goes into "idle" or "standby" the screen goes black. Then I push the button at the bottom to unlock and use it again.

How would a no-button phone like the Nexus Prime work? Would the phone be searching for touch-cues from the user? And would that possibly drain the battery faster during idle/standby?

Apologies for being a ditz
  10. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

It will have buttons on the side to unlock(wake) it and for volume. The "no buttons" referenced here refer to the face of the phone having no physical or capacitive buttons..