if the nexus prime is made by sammy, will you buy it?General

1. happy0506

happy0506 Well-Known Member

i'm a long time owner of the n1. i was very tempted to get the ns, but the deciding factor was not wanting to deal with a samsung product again. i had a vibrant for two weeks and returned it after having many issues. i know i'm not alone in distrusting sammy, but they seem to have worked out their major issues with their most recent phones. i love my n1, but i'm jealous of all my friends with the beautiful, big screens on their newer phones and i will upgrade soon. i may go back on my vow to never own a sammy phone again. how about you?

Advertisement
    :
  2. I'm getting it no matter what. I've had my Nexus One for almost two years, so it'll be coming out at a perfect time for me to upgrade.

Pure Google or no Google, that's my motto.
  3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I would too.
  4. cereal killer

cereal killer Well-Known Member

Samsung makes stellar hardware. I'll definitely buy it no questions asked.
  5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Yeah, I get the extended warranty on top of the assurion insurance. 6.99 per month. So, if the hardware breaks, who cares? Samsung typically is slow to update their software, but this is going to be google's software vanilla android. The N1 was the first phone to get upgraded back in the day. You can't go wrong with this.
  6. Lympero

Lympero Member

Hope the battery can handle the 720 p screen and the dual core 1.5 processor! Can't w8 for IFA !
  7. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

I will probably get it. I love Samsung phones. IF it is from them, it would actually seal the deal for me.
  8. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

the fact that its the nexus prime, and it will be UNLOCKED! means you wont have to wait on sammy to upgrade their stuff, and all nexus phones are the first to get updates, so no worries i think if you got the prime and it was a sammy you will be ok, but i dont think google will side with sammy again, that shows favortism, look for LG or Moto to be the next Nexus, im personally hoping for Moto.
  9. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I agree the Nexus Prime by Samsung is the best of everything, top quality hardware, beautiful screen, but no dealing with Samsung software updates. Quite possibly the perfect phone.
  10. SiXiam

SiXiam Well-Known Member

Well lets see:
    Bionic = could be better
    Stratosphere = not a SGS2, likely has a keyboard
    Vigor = maybe good, but pre-ICS (ie: smaller screen)

Help me Nexus Prime your my only hope! :D
    Icculus760 likes this.
  11. So-Low Da Don

So-Low Da Don Well-Known Member

I probably only buy this phone if it has the Super Amoled HD screen and a slim design. So obviously I would love for Samsung to make this phone.
  12. ericshmerick

ericshmerick Well-Known Member

SAMMYOLED.

Yep.
  13. almahix

almahix Well-Known Member

Samsung announced today that they are indeed making the prime. Want to see specs and carrier info.
    jinwons likes this.
  14. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

I've seen the Nexus S 4G and it feels great. The buttons being in the "wrong" place kinda made me nuts though.

Vanilla Android trumps whatever gripes I have with Samsung and their history of tanking updates. If this is on Verizon, I am getting this.

Hello Steven58!
  15. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I am kind of stuck with Verizon, as it's the only carrier with any decent signal around me. Signs are pointing more and more toward a Prime release on Verizon, even though they've skirted Nexus in the past. If that's truly the case, I'm all over it. Money's saved up, I'll be camped out here waiting patiently (well, maybe not SO patiently) for word.

Thanks for creating this forum - we need it!
  16. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

Hi Chief!

I suppose we shall wait together. Verizon is my only option as well.
  17. landolakes

landolakes Well-Known Member

Starting to skip lunch now, time to save money.
  18. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Hi Magdelaine!

I guess we can hang together right here... after all the delayed phones and then SGS2 being shot down, it's nice to know that we can experience it all in a new Prime forum. After all, misery loves company I suppose :rolleyes:
  19. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Count me in, provided it has LTE support. Absolutely LOVE my Charge, but it could really use more RAM, and a dual core processor wouldn't hurt. Just wish the jump to HD was real stripe and not pentile.
  20. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Hey Chief, great to see you here! I'm thinking that we won't be disappointed this time. . . .

The new pics of the leaked Vigor are quite tempting. But if little bits of evidence about the Prime continue to leak out (like wifi certification the other day), I'll keep my pants on.

Doesn't it suck that there's always more than 1 to choose from? ;)
  21. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

I'll wait and see what issues it has on launch.
  22. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I have no problem with Samsung being the next Nexus. As long as the phone have beastly specs, I'm all good.
  23. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Given the fact that Sammy's made the best selling phone in the world (SGSII) with millions of very satisfied customers, I don't see a problem.

Much better, in my opinion, than HTC having a crack at it again.
  24. Turb0wned

Turb0wned Member

I only want it if its Samsung. Please Verizon.
  25. jinwons

jinwons Well-Known Member

There are reasons why Google chose Samsung for their second, third Nexus devices. They make excellent screen, camera, processors, etc making up great android devices.

But now that they acquired Motorola, their fourth one will reveal what their real intention is on Motorola purchase. Other makers are already wondering and worried that Google will favor Moto for future android updates, features. I certainly hope things don't pan out like that as that will hurt openness of android and other phone makers will start backing away from it. I don't think Google can build Apple like ecosystem with only Motorola.