If there are enough complaints, would Sprint lower or eliminate the 10$ charge?

Last Updated:

1. rahuldang

rahuldang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just wondering because sprint has obviously been on a downward spiral losing customers to at&t and verizon and the fact that there have been so many complaints regarding this 10$ extra charge for 4g that most of us dont even have/don't REALLY need (what i mean is that, personally, im just fine with sprints 3g speeds and 4g DRAINS BATTERY QUICK!) but have to pay regardless. what do you think?

Advertisement
  2. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

I think Sprint needs to stick with the fee.

They need to generate income to continue the build out..

All smart companies generate money for future projects before the services are available..

They also need to rid themselves of the low brow customers and step their game up and attract a better class of customers..

The 4g tax was handled in the worst possible way and presented to the public like we are morons..

3. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I don't think they'd drop it. They don't care if they lose customers, so they will just roll with it.

4. Hiruzen

Hiruzen Member

I heard that (real) Unlimited Data for both 3G and 4G was bundled in that $10 fee. If that is indeed true, I doubt they would lower or drop it. Just look at how much AT&T is charging for Unlimted Data.

5. timlot1

timlot1 Active Member

I just had a video chat with wife on skype through fring. She was on her netbook at home and I was at my brothers showing my phone off. The amazed look on everyones face that you could do that from a phone makes to the $10 worth it. Oh and that little fact its still cheaper that att or verizon.;)

6. Robfactory

Robfactory Well-Known Member

They are charging the people who "use" the technology to expand the platform.
    Sprint has LOST A LOT of $$ the last 2-3yrs with people leaving the network.

7. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

People crying about an extra $10 a month really shouldnt be on big boy plans. Go buy a Cricket and stop crying already please. If you cant afford $10 a month, you have bigger issues than a 4G phone.

Tbone1771 likes this.
  8. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member

well said

Tbone1771 likes this.
  9. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

From what I am currently getting with my evo. The 10 dollar fee is completely justifiable.

10. iboombastic

iboombastic Well-Known Member

Well even after the $10 dollar charge its still cheaper than AT&T and Verizon.

11. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Depends on the plan. If a family and only need one data plan, Verizon is cheaper. Not to mention better coverage and 3g where Sprint is 1x data roaming- using Verizon towers. Ironic.

Still, Sprint is FAR better than Tmo. I was with them for eight, you get what you party for, years.

12. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Given that the phone seems to be selling out everywhere, I don't think Sprint needs to worry about loosing customers to this fee. Also, you don't have to pay regardless, you have a choice to just get a 3g phone.

13. emac

emac Well-Known Member

They're not going to drop the fee. They're still cheaper than Verizon and AT&T.

14. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

How is this so? I was under the impression that Sprint's data plan was $30/mo, plus $10/mo. for 4G access. Is this not correct?

15. rdegk15

rdegk15 Well-Known Member

Go get a similar plan on ATT.. unlimited data, text and calling etc... and check the price.. you wont be complaining about the $10 fee anymore

16. Enellz

Enellz Well-Known Member

Bingo! I was paying 110 a month ago for my iPhone, and now I'm down to 80 with an even better plan. Sounds great to me, and even though I don't get 4G coverage, that ten helps expand the network and even improve on it for even faster speeds.

17. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

They aren't charging just the people who use the technology. They are charging everyone just based on what equipment they purchase. They don't have 4G here to "use" the technology.

Barely. There is a $10 difference for me using both entry level plans
    Sprint $79 (with that $10 privilege fee)
    Verizon $89
    I think they will be equal again one day, like they used to be.

To those that say "it's only $10 stop crying". It's not just $10, it's the company (every company is like this) pushing to see how far they can go. Look at SMS. It used to be free unlimited incoming for a few carriers, then went to 5 cent, then 10 cent then jumped to 20 cent. There was rumor to climb to 25 cent then the government opened an inquiry so it froze. It's not a matter of 20 cent, but that they will continue to push until people (collectively) say stop raping me. Wireless service is already too much for what it is. No reason data plans should cost the exact same as home internet plans.... it's a phone with web limitations (full flash for example). There will always be people that don't care what the cost is for anything and will just happily give their money away!