• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If Verizon announces an IPhone in June....

While i have an ipod and i enjoy itunes, for my phone needs, i have fallen in love with the android forums, the openess of it, quite frankly the iphone is really redundant, every year they come out with an operating system and maybe tweak the look of the phone, and it is from one company, with android, i could use an HTC, Samsung or Motorola etc, be able to enjoy the variety of phones out there and enjoy verizon, so i dont think i will be getting a vzw iphone, and we know that if Vzw gets the iphone ATT is pretty much dead.... i feel bad for them and i would love a fanboy-free network so they can tottaly iSuckit!

Upvote 0
not being an apple fanboy, the only thing that i would be concerned about is weather the iphone would become a drain on the verizon network like it has done to ATT. i wouldnt be the slightest bit sorry i got an incredible.

I wouldn't worry about that, verizons network is many many times the size of at&ts as shown by the 3g coverage verizon has vs at&ts. Verizon has the resources to expand the network as needed, imo it would be the final nail in the coffen for at&t's network and they would take some huge hits. I can't imagine how their stock will perform once its released on verizon. Just hope you don't have money tied up in them when it happens.

Upvote 0
But will Apple break their product release schedule of summer? They will build it up and release an identical iPhone 5x across all carriers in Summer of 2011.

*EDIT* As noted above the CDMA version released in Summer of 2011 will most likely feature an LTE radio.
I agree - it doesnt make sense for them to release a CDMA version when LTE is right around the corner. I was just reiterating what has been said.

Upvote 0
I'd assume that's a pretty terrible assumption.
Agreed. For me, the Android OS is the perfect mobile OS. It uses open formats, such as SD cards, USB mini, etc. And it allows me to install 3rd part applications as APK's, outside of the marketplace. While I respect Apple, and have owned their iPod, I simply can not support them anymore. I hate how they lock down the user and force them into using the software/hardware they want you to use. Plus, no flash support is a major killer for me. I visit way to many sites that use flash to not have it on my phone. Apple makes a great product, but it is way to closed for my liking.

Upvote 0
I know most of us here are anti Iphone, however I do have to ask.....A lot of people are buying the Incredible just because it is the very best phone you can get on Verizon. If Verizon unveils the Iphone4 for Verizon in just a couple months, how many of you would be upset and want to return the Incredible?? Of course this is tough to say today, since we have not had time to fall in love with our Incredibles yet. But I would assume a lot of us are getting the Incredible simply because we can not get an Iphone........What if that were to change?

I'm dumping my iPhone 3GS for the Incredible.... I'm not planning on going back anytime soon.

Upvote 0
If I wouldn't use an Iphone now why would I in the future. Iphone is really only dominate in the US. They are also just capturing the same group of people they are now. No real growth. Worldwide (China, India, brazil, etc) The real growth is occuring with linux based phones. In the long run I just dont see them dominating anything on the world stage.

Upvote 0
since i bought an iphone for over $500 on a 2 yr contract that didnt have video recording or mms until recently, and they came out with one that was twice as fast for half the price 6 months later, i refuse to give any more money to apple. period.

Amen Brother!!!

The fiance and I did that. Actually we bought the 8gb, and were told nothing else was coming out at all in the near or far future. 6 days later the 16 gb came out and we had to eat the restocking fee's.

If it wasn't for the fiance despertly wanting the phone I would have went with another phone. But it made her happy and my wallet less :p

But ya, Apple pisses me off. They don't just fire their subcontractors, they get killed off.......eventually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones