General If you are having eris issues....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by duncanhoo, Dec 8, 2009.

1. duncanhoo

duncanhoo Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    If you are having eris issues, you might want to turn it in for another. I have struggled since day one with the 100% awake issue plus numerous other including some widgets not working, not being able to switch between T9 and ABC in the compact QWERTY keyboard etc.

Then thursday i stopped receiving text messages. Trouble shoot etc. for a while then finally turned my phone in for a new one today.

All of the sudden...SMS awake issue is gone, keyboards work better and other minor stuff works great. Bluetooth issues no longer an issue etc.

I clearly had a bad phone....those experience some of the above should try a new one. I am not back to being a fan of the Eris again.

Advertisement

2. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    That's good news. Mine is behaving well...although I would like to test the stock SMS issue. I have not tried using it and monitoring awake time, just went straight to handcent per suggestions :D

3. Nunley

Nunley Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I often wondered about this. I never had the running time that everyone was complaining about. I usually am around 17% running time but my battery life is still pretty poor. When did you get your first Eris? I only purchased mine on November 24, so maybe I got a newer device build.

4. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    How do you tell if it is awake too much?

5. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    Just checked my other Eris I got today using Stock SMS and I am awake 19%. Menu-Settings-about phone-phone status and then at the bottom awake time.

6. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Northern VA
    Settings -> About phone scroll down to awake time.

7. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    this is really a dumb question but what does "awake time mean" Is it the time the phone is on lock??

When i turn off my phone and turn it back on mine says 100%. Is that bad or good.

8. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2009
    The awake time is the amount of time your phone is awake, not in anykind of sleep mode. You dont want 100% awake time if your phone has been sleeping for an hour. Thats means that is was really not alseep