• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If you are having eris issues....

duncanhoo

Nov 17, 2009
If you are having eris issues, you might want to turn it in for another. I have struggled since day one with the 100% awake issue plus numerous other including some widgets not working, not being able to switch between T9 and ABC in the compact QWERTY keyboard etc.

Then thursday i stopped receiving text messages. Trouble shoot etc. for a while then finally turned my phone in for a new one today.

All of the sudden...SMS awake issue is gone, keyboards work better and other minor stuff works great. Bluetooth issues no longer an issue etc.

I clearly had a bad phone....those experience some of the above should try a new one. I am not back to being a fan of the Eris again.

I often wondered about this. I never had the running time that everyone was complaining about. I usually am around 17% running time but my battery life is still pretty poor. When did you get your first Eris? I only purchased mine on November 24, so maybe I got a newer device build.

Upvote 0
this is really a dumb question but what does "awake time mean" Is it the time the phone is on lock??

When i turn off my phone and turn it back on mine says 100%. Is that bad or good.
The awake time is the amount of time your phone is awake, not in anykind of sleep mode. You dont want 100% awake time if your phone has been sleeping for an hour. Thats means that is was really not alseep

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones