• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If you are having problems receiving MMS messages since updating to 2.1 on vodafone read this

chris221273

May 8, 2010
Hi all,
I was unable to receive MMS messages since upgrading to 2.1.
I spoke to voda and now have the fix for anyone having problems.
It may work on other networks, it may not, but it definitely sorted it for me on vodafone.

Anyway, here goes:

Click on settings.
Click on Wireless & Networks.
Click on Mobile Networks.
Click on Access Point Names.
Click the Menu Button, (Left hand silver button at bottom of phone).
Click Reset To Default.

Once you have done the above, turn off your phone, remove your battery and sim card, and wait at least 10 seconds and then replace your sim card and battery.
Turn your phone back on and walaaaaa, job done, you can now receive MMS texts again.

But do note, any previously received MMS texts will still be un-openable(not sure if its a real word but hey ho), so you will need to ask the sender to resend.

Not sure if this is worthy of a sticky, but knowing a lot of people are on vodafone and having the same problem, it would be a huge help to them.

Anyway, good luck all, and happy MMS....ing :)

Chris

Reactions: paula_ilo

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones