If you can order an Evo online, does that mean they are in stock?

Last Updated:

1. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Every day I check sprint.com and bestbuy.com to see if the Evo is in stock, and it never is. But last Thursday it was available to order on BB, so I ordered it. It said "usually ships in 1 business day." As of today the status is still "processing."

So I'm wondering (and I worried about this as I placed the order), does the fact that I was even able to place the order mean it was in stock? Or is this order going to sit in limbo indefinitely until they get more?

Advertisement
  2. brownhornet

brownhornet Well-Known Member

Yes.. they posted a message on facebook this morning and said they have them in stock but you better move fast.

3. djrottweiler

djrottweiler Well-Known Member

Yes they are in stock I am getting my replacment one in the mail tmrw they said... I have a blown external speaker and they told me to just wait till they got in stock to do the warrenty. When I saw them post on Facebook I called right away and they are shipping it out today!!!

4. Captain Spectacular

Captain Spectacular Member

I ordered mine by phone yesterday. They said they had 100 in stock, but at the time they still weren't available online. I'd guess they have even more now.

5. JohnJSal

Hmm, well there's no "moving fast" for me, I already ordered it last Thursday. I'm just waiting for it to ship and wondering why it's taking so long.

6. jrob121212

jrob121212 New Member

What shipping method did you choose? I ordered mine from BB thurdsay as well and chose the express shipping and my phone came today. Charging it as I type this. Cant wait to activate it.

7. JohnJSal

I chose Express. I called yesterday (after I saw that Sprint had them back in stock too!) and they said it was ready and waiting to be picked up by UPS. She also said they had had to call Sprint to clarify something about my account, which might have caused a delay.

At any rate, I got an email about an hour after that saying it shipped! It's out for delivery right now....I can't wait!

8. rockinbboy

rockinbboy Active Member

9. boogaloo

boogaloo Member

Make sure you go to sprint.com/myorder and enter your order number. Before Sprint can ship the phone sometimes they need to verify information from you (last 4 digits of your social, shipping address etc.).

I kept waiting for the shipping confirmation, but nothing then I checked the status. I had to call a number, they verified my info and voila! My EVO will be here tomorrow.

If I hadn't checked the status, not sure how I would have found out they needed to verify my info. I did not receive a call or e-mail asking me to do this. Good thing I checked.

Good luck and hope you get your EVO soon.

10. JohnJSal

Something similar may have happened to me. Did you order yours from Best Buy?

I have it now! Came in yesterday. I'm about to go play with it again!

11. Quakerwildcat

Quakerwildcat Well-Known Member

Wirefly put a link up to the EVO up yesterday just for Facebook friends. You can't find it by searching on Wirefly.com but Here is the link. People who ordered yesterday got same-day shipping notifications.