• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If you can order an Evo online, does that mean they are in stock?

JohnJSal

Android Expert
Jun 17, 2010
Every day I check sprint.com and bestbuy.com to see if the Evo is in stock, and it never is. But last Thursday it was available to order on BB, so I ordered it. It said "usually ships in 1 business day." As of today the status is still "processing."

So I'm wondering (and I worried about this as I placed the order), does the fact that I was even able to place the order mean it was in stock? Or is this order going to sit in limbo indefinitely until they get more?

I chose Express. I called yesterday (after I saw that Sprint had them back in stock too!) and they said it was ready and waiting to be picked up by UPS. She also said they had had to call Sprint to clarify something about my account, which might have caused a delay.

At any rate, I got an email about an hour after that saying it shipped! It's out for delivery right now....I can't wait!

Upvote 0
Make sure you go to sprint.com/myorder and enter your order number. Before Sprint can ship the phone sometimes they need to verify information from you (last 4 digits of your social, shipping address etc.).

I kept waiting for the shipping confirmation, but nothing then I checked the status. I had to call a number, they verified my info and voila! My EVO will be here tomorrow.

If I hadn't checked the status, not sure how I would have found out they needed to verify my info. I did not receive a call or e-mail asking me to do this. Good thing I checked.

Good luck and hope you get your EVO soon.

Upvote 0
Make sure you go to sprint.com/myorder and enter your order number. Before Sprint can ship the phone sometimes they need to verify information from you (last 4 digits of your social, shipping address etc.).

I kept waiting for the shipping confirmation, but nothing then I checked the status. I had to call a number, they verified my info and voila! My EVO will be here tomorrow.

If I hadn't checked the status, not sure how I would have found out they needed to verify my info. I did not receive a call or e-mail asking me to do this. Good thing I checked.

Good luck and hope you get your EVO soon.

Something similar may have happened to me. Did you order yours from Best Buy?

I have it now! Came in yesterday. I'm about to go play with it again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones