If You Could Change "1" Thing???General

Last Updated:

1. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All,

Lets play a little devils advocate. This is a simple thing and here are the rules:

1. Must be a Hardware Change.
    2. Must be a change that can actually take place.
    3. Does NOT include the screen or Multi-Touch.
    4. Does NOT CPU, RAM, Memory, OS, etc...
    *** Can ONLY make/suggest "1" Change and Justification would be nice ***

Those are the basics for which the game will be played. Lets just have some collective fun and see where it goes...

My Suggestion: Change the port cover over the Micro USB port. Replace it with the Port Cover used on the Smasung Captivate (The Sliding Door).

My Justification: I don't know about you, but every time I use that flimsy door, I feel it is just going Break and Fall Off. Hate it and Hate all doors that use this clumsy cover (To which there are a LOT that use it, I guess it is cheap and saves them money).....

Who's Next..........

Advertisement
  2. xx_raj_xx

xx_raj_xx Well-Known Member

I will second that one
    but I would have changed the battery cover, very flimsy, my daughter dropped my phone once.. not the best start I know.. but now the back cover will not fit properly.. probably due to the fall but it feels cheap..
    Raj

3. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

I agree with what gunny said, it really annoys me, I get scared its going to come off every time.

I would maybe add a tv-out feature like few other phones :) I know that DLNA will be available with the 2.1 update but I only have one DLNA box that only connects to the DivX Connected software server :(

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

If I could change just one thing....

It would be the screen for one that doesn't show greasy finger marks... who knew that my fingers were that grubby! (I have tried anti-reflective protector but didn't like it, made screen look sort of pixelated)

5. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

This is one thing that really grinds my gears! I'm thinking about getting of of them anti-fingerprint screen protectors but have not seen any positive reviews for them yet

6. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

I would move the powersocket to the bottom. I'm using it as satnav in the car and the phone is positioned above the power outlet so it bends the plug.

Since I'm sure not everyone will post here I make another wish for them. I'd like a proper xenon flash. It shouldn't be very difficult and it's amazing that isn't included in the first place.

7. devizes18193

devizes18193 Well-Known Member

i'd second this .

8. charlyee

charlyee Well-Known Member

I would change the way the battery cover needs to be pried off, I keep thinking I am going to break something every time I have done that.

The other two items, USB port cover and the screen has been covered already.

9. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

Better Camera. I've taken a lot of pics, they turn out decent, but I honestly think iPhone 4's do a better job from what I've seen - likely due to a bigger lense/better sensor.

10. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member

Usb cover,. (On the bottom!!). And put speakers louder or in different area of cell. Not on side were you hold it lol

11. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

A touch screen which i can use when rain drops get on it, without the screen going crazy tapping random stuff.

12. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

My problem, as charlyee has already said, is that the cover is very hard to get off. Are you sure your pressing in the right places to fit it? It sometimes looks like it's on, but then a firmer press fully 'clicks' it into position.

I agree with Gurba - the thing I'd like to change is the power location to the bottom of the phone. It would make using it as a sat nav a lot easier.

13. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

+1

Not even raindrops, just have fingers slightly wet and the screen go crazy

USB Charger on bottom would be perfect also

14. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member

ya feels like the usb isnt in all the way. feels flimsy at best. weird loose connection on that one! jeez. lego fits better!!!

15. KingDong

After proposing to my fiancee trying to text my mum was difficult. Sweaty hands from nervousness + excitement = never ever going to be able to text on the X10

16. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Awww that's so sweet! Bless you. Assuming your good lady said yes then?! Congrats for whenever it was.

17. KingDong

Yep of course she said yes I'm irresistible...

18. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

I would like to be able to empty my pictures folder (DCIM) and not have the new pictures start at 0001.jpg, but where the last picture was.

19. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

WOW, I'm really Thankful of everyone that has turned out and shared their concepts of the future (Wishful thinking, maybe, maybe not). I just wanted to say Thanks and lets keep the ball rolling. There are a lot more folks out there, so come on in and jot down a concept while your visiting!!

20. lavinius

lavinius Active Member

What he said!

i would put the usb port at the bottom int he middle and design it so that it can integrate with a desk stand/charger

BarneyF likes this.
  21. xx_raj_xx

xx_raj_xx Well-Known Member

Hey Wook

had a much closer look, one of the smaller tabs was bent slightly,, pushed that back and its back on properly.. but they could have done this one better

tx

Raj

22. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

Sensible solution

I personally use an Invisibleshield which i buy from Carphone Warehouse in UK - Here InvisibleSHIELD

23. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

24. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

25. irTim

irTim Member

Tough decision,

I am stuck between whether I would want there to be a LED Flash instead of just a light and having a metal back battery cover.