If you could just fix one thing...General

Last Updated:

1. jmessick

jmessick Member

I'm sure we all have annoyances with out phone. If you could just have one thing 'fixed' on your phone, what would it be?

I'd like to say goodbye to the random hangs and reboots I experience when using Navigator. It really sucks to have to restart everything in the middle of a trip, especially if 3G is lousy where you are.

2. Marialle

Marialle Well-Known Member

Hmm...I've never had that problem with the navigator. Sometimes it won't connect right off but that is probably a signal issue (I live in the middle of nowhere). I would probably fix the battery life. Usually I'm able to plug it in but sometimes I'm not near a car or building. Or it's just not practical to plug my phone in. And I like using it heavily when I can.
  3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

You could try buying a spare battery. Then when the first gets low just swap them out.
  4. AmishFury

AmishFury Well-Known Member

more internal memory
  5. rocketspank

rocketspank Active Member

^^ more memory would be great.
  6. melim

melim Disabled

I just want to be able to empty the trash and spam folders in GMail from my friggin phone. FFS, Google, even the crappy Yahoo mail app has this function.
  7. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

As opposed to letting them do it themselves?
  8. lizm

lizm Well-Known Member

More internal memory probably, though I do OK managing what I have.

A flash for the camera/flashlight would be nice.
  9. melim

melim Disabled

The heck do you mean? It doesn't do it itself.

Oops. that was for MacFett.
  10. cutterjohn

cutterjohn Well-Known Member

ditto, 512MB of onboard NAND flash for OS + shipped apps + cache + user installed apps = phail whale especially since FLASH memory is relatively cheap nowadays.

If it had just come with even 1GB or even better 2GB of onboard storage(total) I wouldn't even be considering already jumping ship to the Triumph.

(Although the Triumph has a number of other features that I like as well: cortex-a8 based 1GHz, larger screen, cam w/flash, front facing cam, etc.)
  11. RARiley

RARiley Member

bigger fonts
    nascar2428 and blmbmj like this.
  12. MacFett

Gmail deletes spam and trash that is older than 30 days unless they changed something. It is done server side.
  13. melim

melim Disabled

OH, ok, well, I've never let stuff sit in there for that long, so I never noticed that. I prefer to do it myself, and I'd really prefer not having to log on to the computer to do it.
  14. MacFett

Search is:spam mark all delete. Search is:trash mark all delete.
    melim likes this.
  15. melim

melim Disabled

Thank you, and sorry for my earlier snippy reply. I gotta remember not to come here when I'm in a crappy mood because of other things.
  16. narrow_minded

narrow_minded Member

I would probably up the battery life, although I've been getting much better battery life since flashing aospCMod. Or maybe put a better sensor on the camera.

Other than that, there's nothing really broken. If I could add something, it would definitely be a bigger screen (like 3.7") and a camera flash.

But I can't complain. I've got a great little phone running 2.3.4 for $25/month. Love it.
  17. KryptoNyte

KryptoNyte Well-Known Member

I would like to see broader (and more solid) 3G coverage. I think this would fix a lot of battery life issues.

More internal memory is a close second.
  18. AmishFury

AmishFury Well-Known Member

yes improvements to the network would always be welcome but have little to do with fixing something on the phone itself :p
  19. londonstylz

londonstylz Well-Known Member

I would lile flash tp be built into the browse, bit more internal memory would be great as well.
  20. blmbmj

blmbmj Active Member

Tell me about it! I was trying to use Navigator to re-route around an accident-caused-closed interstate, going through the back roads of Ohio--when Navigator kept rebooting. I gave up and started using the Compass App and my common sense. :cool:
  21. lizm

lizm Well-Known Member

I haven't had that random reboot issue with Nav but for times when I am out of a data area, I bought CoPilot, which works offline, just like a regular Nav unit. It's $5 for the app with US maps, well worth it. Needs a lot of SDcard space, and 10 meg of internal, but well worth it, IMO.
    blmbmj likes this.
  22. jmessick

jmessick Member

I haven't heard of CoPilot but purchased NavDroid for the same purpose (offline GPS). The only problem is that it's a pain to use. I don't think the battery life is too bad, it is what it is and I purchased extra batteries and external charger immediately, and a car charger as well. The 3G network is what it is too, which is crappy/non-existent in some areas and great in others. Hopefully it might improve. :)
  23. ProgramIchiban

ProgramIchiban Well-Known Member

More internal memory, and no dust underneath my screen.
  24. lizm

lizm Well-Known Member

melissapugs likes this.
  25. KryptoNyte

KryptoNyte Well-Known Member

Whoops, I see I wasn't following the original topic very well. I guess I'd go with the additional memory, and maybe even throw in a few more CPU mhz.