• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If you hate photobucket, get Flickr!

Sento

Jan 19, 2011
I've been using photobucket for more years than i can remember, but i've always been really annoyed with how slow and random the app was on both android and iOS, and how lto of times i would take a pic and upload to photobucket, but then it would take lke 20 minutes to show on my photobucket, and somtimes upload like 50 copies!! :S

but i was messing around on my old iphone, (don't worry i love android infinitely more, and i hate iphones and apple company and the apple community, go look on their forum RIGHT Now - u will see hundreds of people asking for help and the other people just saying "maybe this phone is too advanced for you, go get an android" worst community ever, irl and online with ZERO help, support, or knowledge i want them all to die the world would be such a better place, and the way Apple bribes courts to put bs laws like "only macbooks can be made in a wedge shape", and in genreal i hate everything that is vanity driven to turn people into douchebags so they can buy something and go sit in a lounge looking down at others and say "i'm better than you" - but i was just poking around my old iphone 4s and i notice on the newer version of ios, flickr comes standard, and i decided to try flickr out on my nexus 4, and i LOVE IT.

i love it because its got a simple setup like photobucket, but the pages load faster, the app is super clean, simple and works fast - like i can take a pic, upload it and by the time i get to my computer its already in my flikr folder :D flikr is what i wanted photobucket to be all these years...i looked around for YEARS for a photobucket altenratie, but all the crap like imageshack and imgur u pretty much have to pay and they don't work as nicely as photobucket did even though i was annoyed with photobucket, flikr FTW !! and u get like 1 tb free i think?? :S

Last edited:
Flickr users beware. Yahoo owned Flickr. Verizon just bought Yahoo (6/18/17)
So far, the terms of use are pretty close to Yahoo's, but who knows in the future?

I use Flickr at times, I have groups in Yahoo, and some spam trap emails. I'm not looking for trouble, but watching what goes on.

Ahhh... Nuts...

Ok.. any other ideas?

Upvote 0
I've been using photobucket for more years than i can remember, but i've always been really annoyed with how slow and random the app was on both android and iOS, and how lto of times i would take a pic and upload to photobucket, but then it would take lke 20 minutes to show on my photobucket, and somtimes upload like 50 copies!! :S

but i was messing around on my old iphone, (don't worry i love android infinitely more, and i hate iphones and apple company and the apple community, go look on their forum RIGHT Now - u will see hundreds of people asking for help and the other people just saying "maybe this phone is too advanced for you, go get an android" worst community ever, irl and online with ZERO help, support, or knowledge i want them all to die the world would be such a better place, and the way Apple bribes courts to put bs laws like "only macbooks can be made in a wedge shape", and in genreal i hate everything that is vanity driven to turn people into douchebags so they can buy something and go sit in a lounge looking down at others and say "i'm better than you" - but i was just poking around my old iphone 4s and i notice on the newer version of ios, flickr comes standard, and i decided to try flickr out on my nexus 4, and i LOVE IT.

i love it because its got a simple setup like photobucket, but the pages load faster, the app is super clean, simple and works fast - like i can take a pic, upload it and by the time i get to my computer its already in my flikr folder :D flikr is what i wanted photobucket to be all these years...i looked around for YEARS for a photobucket altenratie, but all the crap like imageshack and imgur u pretty much have to pay and they don't work as nicely as photobucket did even though i was annoyed with photobucket, flikr FTW !! and u get like 1 tb free i think?? :S

Thanks for the tip. I installed flikr, but I couldn't get it to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones