If you have laggy Hero problems...Support

Last Updated:

1. mbell75

mbell75 Banned This Topic's Starter

..you are in an area that doesnt get good coverage. I already figured this out when I took a trip to the mountains and now confirmed it again by coming to Scottsdale, AZ. Around the main part of the city, my Hero worked just as it does at home. Everything worked as it should. However, once I went into the hills where the coverage isnt so good, the phone freaks out. Dialer was MAJORLY laggy. Like I could press a button on the dialer and it would take 5 seconds to register I pushed it. Calls would only ring for about 5 seconds if that and then say I had a missed call. Again, this works perfectly at home, no issues. The keyboard was pretty much useless when typing texts, even my speech to text had communication errors while working. My signal strength bounced from 1 to as many as 3 bars, but the performance didnt improve. So after seeing this again where I usually have zero problems at home has convinced me that your phones performance greatly depends on your location.

Advertisement
  2. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member

Is your Hero stock or rooted?

3. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

Yes, you are correct. Signal strength is the number one cause of lag, not just for the Hero, but for all cell phones. When in a low signal area, the phone is forced to turn the transmitter up to full power, to try an compensate. Which robs power from the rest of the phone components. This in turn slows down the phone. :D

4. baneoh

baneoh Member

Is there a way to counteract this? I live in a poor service area.

On the same topic (sort of) I notice that when I use my media player it seems to lag when I have bad service. Why does my media player need to connect to the network!? And can I turn this function off?

5. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

My hero functions like SHIT in the low coverage area that I live. At work (full to near full bars) it functions like a champ!