If you JUST bought a slide you might want to read this

Last Updated:

1. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

We are currently running 2.1, expecting to get 2.2 (froyo).

The next Android O.S. system is called Gingerbread, Android 3.0

It is expected to be released in fall/winter.
    Only phones with a 1ghz processor will be able to get Gingerbread.

Phones that can get it are Samsung Galaxy S Series phones and Nexus 1 for Tmobile (however I dont think you can get a good deal with nexus 1 meaning you pay full price, i think)

This just crap!

That means that all the phones that are coming out will be dinosaurs that dont make it on through the Gingerbread phase.

Say goodbye to the cliq, behold II(well that was a duh), mytouch 3g, mytouch slide, the new motorola charm, Cliq xt.

You could jump on the wagon for the Samsung phone, but there are some rumors of a couple new phones coming to tmobile such as the motorola milstone and the htc project emerald which are rumored to have a 1ghz processor.

The good news is that most phones are behind on getting android updates anyways,

the bad news is that rumors say that gingerbread is going to get rid of the User Interfaces in order to push all updates to phones faster.

What do you think, or what info do you have?

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE GARMINPHONE HAS? 1GHZ PROCESSOR?

Also, what android OS is it running?

UPDATE:: I have found out that behold_this is right (partially)....

The Android 3.0(Gingerbread) will have a recommended requirements to have an android phone with a 1ghz processor, but that will not be the minimal requirements.

read about it here
    http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/LG-Optimus-One-Chic-and-GT540/
    and
    http://www.phonedog.com/2010/07/02/android-gingerbread-rumors-debunked-then-clarified/

look for a paragraph labeled " Report: Android 3.0 not splitting up Android after all"

Well we should all know what happens when we run a "Beast of an operating system" on minimal requirements ( ex: Windows Vista)

HOWEVER, we might see custom UI's getting rid of in the upcoming updates, which would make updates a faster process. Right now it takes about 6 months for a phone (other than NEXUS) to get the update.

:)

Advertisement
    Deathmetalchan and behold_this like this.
  2. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

This was totally discounted already by google and I believe by the man himself Andy Rubin. It was completely mistranslated from a Russian pod cast and even slightly made up. Don't worry it's not true. Garminfone runs at 600 MHz and it's android 1.6.

3. rleal2010

Ok we need a source man, I want to believe, but I'm looking for a source to prove you right.

4. behold_this

Updated garminfone specs above

also I don't need you to prove me right or to believe! Believe what you want bro I won't lose sleep over it ;)

5. behold_this

6. rleal2010

Updated, my starting thread info on top, thank for the check up :)

7. behold_this

cool cool

8. behold_this

hey man add the phonedog link in my post (post #5) to the OP if you don't mind. :D