• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root If you need help rooting, i'm the guy

So some things I am smart at and some things I am a dumba$$ at when it comes to technology. So here's where I am dumb. What exactly is Rooting? and what are the advantages to it?

Rooting in the simplest explanation is looking at your phone like a computer. Now if your not the administrator you have certain things you can't do. But if you are the admin, you have full access to everything. This is what rooting is, it grants you "superuser" permission over phone. Basically the best way to look at it is, getting more out of your phone and trust me you won't regret it once you do make the jump. The custom ROM scene for the X is coming full swing, and also the custom themes are coming along nicely. Hope this helps :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
In 2.2 media sync mode works like pc mode
So what you need to do is first turn debugging off and put it in media sync and let your computer install the drivers, then turn debugging on and let it install the drivers again
You should be good to go after that:D

My comp won't install the drivers from the Media Sync mode...help por favor

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones