If you want an EVO...

Last Updated:

1. Skatter

Skatter Active Member This Topic's Starter

...may I suggest not going directly through Sprint? This might be a total no-brainer, but most third-party retailers won't make you jump through the Mail In Rebate hoops. Both Best Buy and Searswireless.com are no-rebate shops when it comes to this phone. :D

Again, apologies if this is old news for anyone...I'm relatively new to the whole cell phone thing, but I'm looking forward to not having to spend $299.99 when I get my EVO on July 1st...

Advertisement
  2. akayareal

akayareal Well-Known Member

Well for someone like me who will be buying it out right with no upgrade, Sprint would be the best deal.

3. septro

septro Well-Known Member

Stop passing bad information.

At a Sprint store you can charge the EVO purchase against your monthly bill. You can fill out the MIR the day you walk out the store with the phone and will get that back before you even see the $299 charge on your billing cycle.

So yea - Sprint pays me $100 bucks first before I even have to pay for the phone. Tell BB or RS to eat that.

4. Ashenor

Ashenor Well-Known Member

First i heard of that ...

I would rather pay my 199.99 and be done personally.

5. lopezpm

lopezpm Well-Known Member

I got mine at RS, same deal. Instant rebate is the way to go. Last time I did an MIR with Sprint it took months, then they finally mailed, got lost and had to remail it. Never again. BB or RS from now on for me.

6. teky

teky Well-Known Member

I didn't see any bad information in the OP's post.

7. rzenger

rzenger Well-Known Member

I got my EVO at my local Sprint store and got an instant rebate.

8. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Yea, I did the above. I won't have to pay for my EVO purchase until mid July and by then have my $100 rebate back. And I was able to have my EVO in my hands by 8:30am June 4th. :)

9. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Read other threads here about folks getting exchanges from Radio Shack.

10. leaddog

leaddog Well-Known Member

I have used many rebates from $print, including the ones you get when getting a new phone. Each time, they have credited my account and that too after 2-3 months. You must be pretty lucky to get it credited / or get a check, so fast.

11. ExigeDriver

ExigeDriver Member

radio shack also gave me a $20 gift card towards accessories

12. Skatter

Skatter Active Member This Topic's Starter

*looks at my previous post, trying to figure out how it was bad information*

Sooo....not having to deal with a mail-in rebate is bad? *shrug* Okeydoke. Either way you have to pay the $199, I'd just rather pay it when I get the phone and not have to drop $299 and wait a few weeks for the check to get to me, assuming it gets back before my bill comes due. :p

If that works for you, awesome. But sheesh, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that mail-in rebates usually suck. :/

13. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

I am in the process of trying to buy one outright for the 450.
    Problem i have is the 3rd party stores either inflate the price if they are not getting commission on a new contract or most have just flat out refused to sell me a phone. I didnt think the retailers could refuse to sell me the phones. But they sure have.

The sprint store wants me to drive there to get put on a list. Then wait a few weeks until my number comes up. They said they have a few page list. They wont even put me on the list until i drive to the store. I asked them why should i drive to the store when i cant get one anyway? It makes no sense for me to drive their just to say "put me on a list". These kind of policies make me want to just say forget it. My Hero isnt that bad of a phone. I understand demand ect. But sprint has no control over their dealer network and dont even make sense in the corporate stores. For the love of god write my name down on the list. Call me when my phone comes in and i will come pick it up. I wont drive there just to get on a list.

Anyway. The people that already have the evo seem to be the lucky ones. It seems like the letdown so many felt over the iphone 4 announcement has driven demand up.