If you were I

Last Updated:

1. nancyh1990

nancyh1990 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I currently have 2 lines with Sprints, both are month to month. One is my BB Tour and the other is for my Father for emergency. Due to his age, my dad does not even know how to receive a phone call. He only call me or my brother. His phone is very very simple.
    Since BB Tour is my business lifeline and Evo is new, I don't trust it. Also, I have to consider whether the phone is too bulky....
    My Plan: get a new line (Evo - 2-year contract) and share the minutes. Yes, I will pay additional $29.95 monthly. Once I am comfortable that the Evo can replace my BB Tour, transfer the BB number (month-to-month) to my Evo, transfer the new line (2-year contract) to my dad old phone and cancel my dad's current number. This way I will end up with 2 lines and only one is tied to a 2-year contract.
    What do you think of this approach? I don't want to hurt my sprint sales person or the store.
    Thanks for your input.

Advertisement
  2. asaberan

asaberan Well-Known Member

I would buy the Evo and return it within 30 days if you don't like it. There's no sense in wasting all that time to carry two phones when you could easily switch to the Evo and then back to the BB if you don't like it.

3. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Upgrade your dad's line to the Evo and buy him a prepaid phone to use until you make up your mind on the evo

4. olla

olla Member

I would do what asaberan recommends. Its a 30 day no questions asked return policy. The onlu downside to buying the evo is that you will have to sign a new 2 year contract, but you use sprint anyways so it doesn't even matter. Make sure if you are going upgrade to the evo call sprint and asked them for an incentive for signing again. (Usually $50 per line) and a discount for being a loyal customer given that you don't have any employee discount and finally call retentions and ask them if they can give you a 10/24 (they know what it is) its a $10 incentive for 24 months.