If your on ICS you are sending more than you thought to Moto!

1. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

Advertisement
    Jeffery, PowerBomb and OutOfPhase like this.
  2. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Deleted it.
  3. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

Thanks for the information. I just renamed it with a .bak at the end. I try not to delete any file.
  4. dautley

I moved it to my ext sd card. As most of us are going to have to fxz back to .905 for the OTA anyway, no big deal for me. I also completely removed most of the bloatware to see how much space I could free up in SYS ROM have 72.7MB free.
    I'm figuring since I may be stuck with 232 till Nov, I might as well get it set up how I want it.
  5. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't sending Moto info like this help them to debug ICS and get it out to us?
  6. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Possibly. Or maybe they only take feedback from phones with electronic ID numbers that were actually supposed to get these early version, i.e. from the testers. Although with all the people that do install the leaks, they'd be smart to compile the data from all of those users and smooth out more bugs.

Oh well, I've had the leak installed for weeks now so if Moto was getting any feedback from my phone they already got plenty. Now I'm deleting it. :p
  7. dautley

I don't mind anonymous data but I'd rather not send screen shots etc, I always figured they were collecting data off of the leaks but given a choice I'd rather not send it to them.
    Anyway no one is asking you to remove it if you don't want to, just letting everyone know its there.
  8. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

Appreciate the info.
  9. zach.schenfisch

zach.schenfisch Well-Known Member

Renamed. I didn't see one, but is there a list of the things this script does?
  10. dautley

If you read the original article linked to in the OP it has a copy of the script which includes explanations of what the script does. To Motorolas credit they didn't try to hide what it's doing.
  11. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Not good info.

I found this thread when I searched Google for bug2go. Yep, been around since Feb: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1496233

I also found this post from that same search: https://forums.motor...d=560738#560738

Finally, independent confirmation that it is for running log reports by timmy: http://www.droidforu...nal-memory.html

I perused the script itself from the pastebin, and I didn't see anything really bad in it either.

It is a manually initiated process that you would only perform if you really felt like doing it or if you were participating on a bug test with Moto.
  12. dautley

I wonder if .242 has this script?
  13. johnlgalt

I already verified that it does.

2012-09-01 12.50.04.jpg
  14. dautley

John, if you go to System Settings, Developer Options is the Development Device ID still showing up right below USB debugging? Wondering also if the final ICS build for Droid4 and Razr also still has it?
  15. johnlgalt

16. dautley

Yes, I'm still wondering if it's a permanent feature or just displaying on development builds. I think I'm going to have to take the plunge on .242, I'm betting it's going to be the OTA and even if it's not Samuri's HOB looks much improved these days.
  17. johnlgalt

Sam's HoB(o) and now HoR are making waves for those two bigger Moto families of devices.

I'm on .242, and there is not a lot different, mostly updated apps. If you restore apps / don't format /data make sure you uninstall any system app updates that you haven't moved into /system as the update will break until you uninstall and then re-update.
  18. dautley

Made the jump Saturday and all is well:smokingsomb:
  19. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

Updated this morning to .242 w/HOB and everything seems good so far. I lost Google Now in the process though.
  20. johnlgalt

Which makes sense b/c GNow is a port from JB, and you're installing a new ICS leak. Just reflash the GNow as you did before to get it back.
  21. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip...
    I did end up re-installing GNow and have upgraded to .244 since I posted.
  22. johnlgalt

Yeah, I'm on .244 as well, and have yet to reflash GNow - I have v7 but wanted to make sure there is not a V8...and I just bought an Infinity so I'm spending a lot more time on that right now....