If your Optimus V is working properly talk about it.General

1. onlinecash2012

onlinecash2012 Active Member

It sux that alot of people were or are having problems with there Optimus V. So far i've had mines for a week now, and the only thing i've seen it do is reset itself one time. Now who knows I may have problems tomorrow, but for now its been a bad ass phone. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :D

Advertisement
    :
    Thorsten likes this.
  2. Skratte

Skratte Well-Known Member

Had mine for over 3 months now, rooted and overclocked to 787, no problems at all from anything.
  3. raynoldsk

raynoldsk Well-Known Member Contributor

No problems here!

Some apps crash, but that is the app, not the phone.
  4. peurbach

peurbach Member

I've had mine 3 months and its been great. It drops 3G once or twice a day (and I don't live in a remote area), but the ##virgin# trick reboots it when I care. I text and use two email accounts without difficulty.
  5. optimisticgurl

optimisticgurl Well-Known Member

I've had mine for 3 months too and so far so good, no problems at all. Can you please tell me what the ##virgin# trick is? Like is that the exact thing I dial in order to reboot my phone if there is a problem?:eek:
  6. bdfull3r

bdfull3r Active Member

My Optimus works like a charm. Rooted custom ROM (AOSP CM7), overclocked 748 MHz, and launcher pro on top of it all

only issue s 3G dropping out once in a while. Toggle airplace mode and 3g data, bounces right back
  7. Thorsten

Thorsten Well-Known Member

Same here. We've got two Vs in the house now, both work like a charm.

Frak you, VerizonATT&T-Mobile and your $1920-for-two-years plans! :D
    UnixPimp likes this.
  8. James161324

James161324 Active Member

I have had issues with some apps and games. But the phone has worked great. 3g and wifi has worked pretty good. Calling and texting is great to
  9. Chris951

Chris951 Well-Known Member

I love my V! I've had it for 2 1/2 months now and its great! I had an issue with random rebooting when I first got it.. but a simple sd card swap fixed it. I am VERY happy with this phone. This is my favorite phone I've ever owned. I would like an iphone though. Those things are badass. But I'm 20 years old and don't make much money so I'm diggin the $25 a month plan with my sick ass optimus :)
  10. JohnACman

JohnACman Well-Known Member

I've had mine for a little over 3 months now and works well 90% of the time. Drops 3g every once in a while, thats about it.
  11. AQAA

AQAA Well-Known Member

I like this post, could not have put it any better!

VZ and at&t need to make some major price adjustments before they get a dime from me.
    If the VM deal goes away, so does my data service.

About the Optimus V, works like a charm, no problems at all, had it since it was first released.
    Liked it so much I got a second one for my wife and tossed out her old phone.
    She was a bit frustrated with the technology at first, now you could not tear the phone from her hands.
    UnixPimp and Thorsten like this.
  12. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Well-Known Member

Love this phone. My wife and I both have one, mine rooted, hers still stock. I have tried a lot different roms on mine, but I keep coming back to Harmonia. We've both been getting excellent signal, and can't complain about the service. She wanted an iphone until she played with mine for a few days. Now you can't keep her off her Optimus.
  13. JerryScript

JerryScript Well-Known Member

YouTube - ‪LG Optimus V (Virgin Mobile) vs. iPhone (AT&T, Verizon) Edit.mp4‬‏
    new2anndroid and raynoldsk like this.
  14. raynoldsk

raynoldsk Well-Known Member Contributor

15. mjv5864

mjv5864 Member

For some reason, the BT Volume keeps resetting itself in between calls. I always have to push it up to "Max" but when the call ends, it reverts back to
    "Medium". Is that normal???
  16. melissapugs

melissapugs Well-Known Member

Several months of use with no major probs (due to the phone - bad apps are another matter entirely).
    Nonrooted. Heard horror stories about non name chargers, so went with a deal on lg one off amazon. That probably applies to all droids.
    I have tons of widgets and customization apps running on 4+ screens with no probs. I think most issues are based on user misunderstanding of android (I know my initial mistakes were) and poor app management.
    I've read enough about task killers to know that they're unnecessary. But I do manage my apps manually: I turn off skype when I don't need it, etc.
    Tasker saves me a ton of battery use now by use of profiles.
    I resort to airplane mode with wifi in areas of no or little 3g...that alone will kill most android batts in no time flat.
    Don't forget to toggle airplane on every reboot.
    Not all apps, widgets, shortcuts work on all phones. There is always a an alternative.
  17. Jenny Z

Jenny Z Well-Known Member

Love mine. Rooted, works great.
  18. jmessick

jmessick Member

My stock Optimus V works great! Crashed once when I was streaming music to Amazon MP3 player and using navigation at the same time. Main problem is with crappy 3G coverage in Winston-Salem, but that's Spring, not LG's problem.
  19. n00dz

n00dz Well-Known Member

I've had mine since May 28th and I've had no problems so far. This phone is AMAZING and stylish. I bought the $40 plan but I'm thinking of buying the $25 plan this month because so far I've only used 63 out of the 1200 mins. I don't know, I'll see. But I am so in love with this phone I've had no problems with the phone itself (cept for the big 3g drop last week, but that's not the phone's fault, it's VM). I would and DO recommend this phone to anyone thinking about buying it it's an amazing phone.
  20. beezus

beezus New Member

I've had my Optimus V for about 2 weeks now and I did have a couple of issues but its fine now. The first was my battery (which I still think may be my fault from dropping my phone then drunkenly shoving the battery back into it) where the battery would literally last an hour before dying. There was even a day when I took it off the charger after charging all night and it died immediately. I took the battery out and put it back in and installed Juice Defender and Advanced Task Killer and it definitely lasts a lot longer now. Then I had an issue with the 3G not working AT ALL for about 2 days. I tried the switching airplane mode on and off and turning the 3G on and off, and even doing a complete factory restore of my phone. NOTHING. It wasn't until I realized that it hadn't started acting up until I took the battery out to fix it the first time. So I popped it out and put it back in again and now its fine. I know my solution won't necessarily work for everyone else, but I've tried it and it worked for me. My battery life and my 3G connection are fine now and have been for the past few days. Hopefully this helps someone!
  21. greg4android

greg4android Well-Known Member

I used only 73 out of 300, so I see where you're coming from. I was on the $25 plan anyway. I would have stayed on VM but Sprint's signal is not strong enough around here. got the AT&T Version(GSM) of the OPTIMUS, and it works fine.

22. jp3515

jp3515 Well-Known Member

I wanted to ask if there are any tips on charging my optimus v battery for the first time? Sould I let it run almost completely dead then charge it or charge it right away until full before I start using the phone? Thanks
  23. kc3

kc3 Well-Known Member

I LOVE this phone but wouldn't mind a bigger screen :p it works well, got CM7 installed and overclocked to 768 and it runs perfectly :)
  24. onlinecash2012

onlinecash2012 Active Member

I would let it completely die, then fully charge it up....see batteries were ment to be charged then die....so id say use it until it dies or at least below 20 percent...that's what i do...then i'll fully charge it.
  25. Thorsten

Thorsten Well-Known Member

This does not apply to Li-ion batteries and may even be counter-productive.

This is actually good news: for regular usage pattern, just use your phone and forget about trying to optimize the lifetime of your battery.

If you know that you won't be using a battery for a longer period (at least several days), it's best to store it partially charged in a cool place.
    hiwatt and KOAM like this.