• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If You're a Global Warming Denier, Apple Doesn't Want your money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Apple statement was kinda funny, in a way, because tech ain't exactly environmentally friendly, especially its disposal. Hypocrisy? Everyone's a bit hypocritical, especially me.

Nothing Apples does or doesn't do surprises me.

In the words of J. R. Ewing, "Once you get rid of integrity, everything else is a piece of cake."

Apple self admittedly started as a criminal enterprise with Jobs and Woz inventing the digital phone blue box and selling them (illegal). They also out and out Stole the cases for the first shipment of Apple II's (Though after they sold a bunch of A2's they did go back and pay for the cases.)

Apple never was loaded with saints. :rolleyes:

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0
Debating GW is as stupid as debating guns, abortion, capital punishment, or gay rights. It's just TOO polarizing a topic and the vast majority of minds are Already Solidly Decided one way or the other

You're quite right about guns, abortion, capital punishment and gay rights: they're subjects where what's right and wrong is largely a matter of opinion (though obviously, if you disagree with me, you're wrong ;)).

That's just not true of Climate Change: it's a fact. Your opinion about it - or mine - is completely irrelevant. Just like if someone has the opinion that the earth is flat: they're factually incorrect. Their opinion is therefore wrong. Period.

As for Apple: good that they're finally - reluctantly - changing their ways. It being Apple though, you can't help thinking it's all about marketing.

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
well as far as the whole evidence thing goes....... for every fictional statement the alarmists make without evidence other than the proven inaccurate guestimations of fantasy............ the truth can be displayed to shut them down

then they present more fantasies as evidence and get shutdown again....... then it goes on and on in a circle back and forth for a while

then someone says 'hockey stick' (which oddly is still being cited as evidence) .... then the alarmists start mud slinging and ad hominem ....... then it boils into a totally different conversation

its usually much easier to just say youre not going to bother wasting your time arguing with them

think I read this somewhere before..... and here we see what I meant on display

highlighted the relevant parts for ya

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones