If you're happy and you know it post here!

Last Updated:

1. cmantelope

cmantelope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I appreciate everyone who takes time to post on the various threads..the rest of us truly do benefit from you sharing your experiences...however...having a hard time finding anyone who ordered the Nexus One, had a reasonable customer service experience, and is satisfied that the Nexus is operating as intended...3g, batterey life etc..

If you are indeed happy with your purchase, not simply tolerating it because trying to return it is too much of a hassel...please post here, and if you don't mind, please post where you are from.

Thanks, CM

Advertisement
  2. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

..clap your hands!

*clap clap*

:)

The battery life isn't an issue for me. Not because it lasts days and days, it definitely doesn't, but because it last a day, and there's never in a million years going to be a situation where I'm away from a USB plug/wall socket for more than that. And if there is, stupid me for getting a smartphone with a power-hungry processor and all the modcons. If that was the case, I should've got an old skool, greyscale phone with Snake as the highlight.

edit: forgot to add I'm in the UK on o2.

3. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

New York here, more than just 'satisfied' with my N1. Best Phone I ever had.

4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Loving it in the UK, best phone ever... really cained it over the weekend and it's not missed a beat.

5. infoman

infoman Well-Known Member

What I have found is most of what has been written about the Nexus One and the whole experience is unfounded! I have posted numerous opinions, based on exactly that, an opinion based largely on what others have written or claimed to experience. Now being a My Touch user and under contract I decided to purchase a Nexus.

The experience couldn't have been easier. I ordered online last Thursday, 2 hours later recieved a Fed Ex tracking confirmation, and Friday afternoon I recieved the phone. Fast, easy and efficient. Phone shipped out of Wilmington so that explains why sales tax was charged in Ohio.

The phone itself is plain nice! While not being so much different than the MT3G, other than OS 2.1, bigger screen, and a few other additions. The phone works exactly as intended, notice no problems other than a few OS gliches. It's not that much different than the 3G, bigger screen but color temp is not as accurate but stunning, faster processor, newer OS, and a few other little add ons.

I am happy overhaul but dislike the top mounted power button to wake the phone.
    I dislike the fact there is no lanyard hook.
    I miss the physical hard call buttons that triggered the VD on 3G.
    I found the battery life to be good, but thats depends on what you do with.
    I found the Bluetooth to connect and pair perfectly with a Mot HS750.
    I found the Voice Dialer "sucks" and was replaced with Voice Dialer HF. (Nice App) If only Google would fix it so a handset could be used truely handsfree.
    I prefer Dolphin as the browser as it supports pinch and zoom.

In the end a good purchase and use experience. It's the best Android phone out there currently and one of the best I have owned. In 6 months there will something else. I would give the phone 4 out of 5 stars, and the buying experience 5 out 5. There certainly has been a lot of "drama" in these threads and little facts.

6. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

In the UK and happy with my phone at the moment - battery life seems to be improving the longer the use and regular charging continues.....

Looking forward to receiving the first OTA update, to improve the phone & fix the occasional software glitch.

7. Abom

Abom Member

Refer to Fresh Air thread. /end