Ignoring calls while taking phone from HolsterGeneral

Last Updated:

1. NDGeist

NDGeist New Member This Topic's Starter

It seems every time I get a phonecall, I go to remove the phone from it's holster (leather horizontal type) and look down at the phone to get the "missed call" message... Doesnt matter if it's on the 1st, 3rd, 5th ring... it seems like it's auto-ignoring based on my attempts to get it out of the holster.

Can someone tell me if this is a magnet deal, a setting i'm setting, or if there's an option I can turn off/program I can install that makes it harder to ignore calls? Perhaps I'm just brushing the ignore button?

Unrelated, it seems if I get an email and don't look at my phone, it continues to beep at me every few minutes until I look at it, is there a way to tell it "notify once, then stfu"?

Thanks,
    Chip

Advertisement
  2. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

it is not the magnet (has no effect on the inc)

3. y2kirk1028

y2kirk1028 Active Member

I had the same issue with a horizontal leather case. Turns out I was hitting the power button when i pull it out and canceling the calls.
    my fix was to reposition how i put the phone in so that the power button don't touch the side walls.

Mahalo likes this.
  4. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

I do exactly what y2kirk1028 does, except from my pocket. I'd like to un-map the volume key from the ignore call feature.

5. NDGeist

NDGeist New Member This Topic's Starter

It appears you are correct... I'm hitting the power/lock button which is killing the call... now to figure out a better way to prevent that.

6. confluence

confluence Well-Known Member

You could also be sliding up on the screen to decline the call.

Remember, from the lockscreen if you slide down it answers the call. If you slide up it declines the call.

7. meuseman

meuseman New Member

The ignore call function of the power button is my biggest gripe of the phone. I have accidentally ignored at least 25 calls.

If anyone can tell me how or write an app that would change this function, I would be eternally grateful.