I'll officially wait for easier root

Last Updated:

1. andreezy

andreezy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried every single "next easy method" of obtaining root and I am still unsuccessful. I've been trying for 5 days now.

I've used multiple sd cards, even formatted them differently, etc. Tried the timings. made sure my wang was pointed left. crossed my eyes. stood on my head. crossed and un crossed fingers. verified drivers. unloaded and reloaded myhtc, updated the google drivers, re installed sdk and re-downloaded all the files.

Basically being able to unload the non-essential things like shitty-id and peep is not worth all this hassle, especially if we lose root once an ota update comes down the line.

I may try once or twice here and there if I see something looking promising, but basically if not, I'm totally fine with the operation of the device as it stands...

Thanks to everyone who has offerred insight into this nonsense. :)

Advertisement
  2. g0nad

g0nad Member

I feel for you man, I really do. I was at the quit stage when I finally go it to work. I had been using a cable I had lying around. I took the usb cable that came with the phone and WAM! worked first time.

So, if you try again, good luck and I hope you find some success.

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

yea keep trying after days of pissed off nights it finally worked last night

4. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

and you have to make a new thread about it......

necosino likes this.
  5. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

I'm in no big rush myself. I'll wait until things get worked out before going through with it. Theres nothing wrong with waiting and watching other folks screw up before doing it yourself. There is no prize of being the first on the block to root your phone. Expecially since nand has not been unlocked publically yet.

6. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Well-Known Member

same here I have tired every different method under the f**king sun and nothing, o well I will wait for a easier method:rolleyes:

7. JETC

JETC Well-Known Member

I rooted with stock cable and sd card that verizon shipped it with. I also didn't have to do factory reset. I did it with a bunch of apps installed with a customized boot animation. Everything is about the timing. I did it using the fastboot and pushing in/out the sd card till I got into recovery mode.

I agree that it is indeed a pain but more and more people recommended what works for them and I just followed suit.

8. Lw00d

Lw00d Well-Known Member

im waiting for a easy way. i haven't try any method. i would like a for sure way.:D

9. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

they all are a for sure way but its just about timing... i rooted mine last night but i dont know how long it would take me to do it again

10. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

everybody keeps mention fastboot...what is this method? how am i missing where the walkthrough is??

11. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

I had all but given up, but I noticed the newest super easy root thread late last night. I cracked upon a few beers, grabbed my kindle 2 usb cable and 5 tries later I was waking up the neighbors yelling woooohoooo!

I live by the old saying, "if at first you don't succeed, try again....then give up. No use being a damn fool about it." This is one time I am glad I stuck with it.

12. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I haven't tried yet, I'm honestly just waiting for custom roms to be cooked. I'm good for right now, but can't wait to really break into this awesome phone

13. andreezy

andreezy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Why not? It's more above par than the endless battery threads. I am echoing the sentiment of countless others who are having the same difficulty.

I thought the concept of having a forum was to talk...

crimton likes this.
  14. letters

letters Well-Known Member

I give up too. I've tried everything over the past week and nothing. I've bought cards, formatted, etc. and nothing. Oh well.

15. confluence

confluence Well-Known Member

yea it's weird, i've got mine rooted. but when i try to get into adb working in recovery again, it doesn't work 100% of the time. and when i do get it to work again, it's with a different method than the one i used prior.

16. rcicu

rcicu Well-Known Member

Same here! I tried every way listed plus (Win XP, Vista, 7, and Suse), 4 different SD cards, and multiple cables...

17. GAUG3

GAUG3 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to have the Clark Griswold, Christmas Vacation revelation where he finally gets the lights turned on because Ellen flicked the light switch. I'm so mad that I want to kick Christmas lawn ornaments.

18. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Well-Known Member

ok guys like I said before I was just going to wait but I could not stand it, my phone not being rooted so I said screw it I went to walmart and bought the 2gb PNY card and it worked the first time I had a 16 gb card and I couldn`t get that work for a week until today with a brand new card from wally world lol:D