I'll pay $100 for 2.2 upgrade from 2.1v3

Last Updated:

1. ericlmccormick

ericlmccormick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'll pay $100 to whoever can figure out how I can make my 2.1v3 Eris run 2.2

edit:
    I traded my phone for a certified like new unit. Found that I was wearing out the USB plug anyways and I got them to replace it. Now to just wait for a stable 2.2 release

Advertisement
  2. TJTHEBEST

TJTHEBEST Well-Known Member

Run your phone over with your truck, then get a replacement through insurance and root it.

3. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be a bit snarky, but wouldn't that be technically impossible at this time considering 2.2 hasn't even been released? And on top of that, no one has figured out how to root the 2.1 leaks.

Now, are you saying you will pay $100 to the one who figures out how to root the 2.1 leaks? Because that would be a bit more realistic. Once 2.2 is released (leaked or official) and the devs get their hands on it, I'm sure they'll have a rooted ROM for the Eris very quickly.

LiverpoolsNo9 likes this.
  4. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

Invent time machine, go into future, check to see if 2.1v1,2,3 have been rooted (still no, damn.) Grab 2.2 OS, come back. Work on rooting 2.1 leak to install 2.2 OS. Facepalm realizing that if it were possible you could have gone further into the future and not had to have killed yourself trying to find answer. Wake up from dream.

That's how I envision this going.

5. ericlmccormick

I'll pay $100 to whoever can root the leak. And as for 2.2, it looks like it was released to the devs today. I would love to have JiT running on my Eris.
    Android 2.2 SDK goes live, developers likely unable to crash Google's download server -- Engadget

6. drew630

drew630 New Member

7. ericlmccormick

It says that developers can download the Android 2.2 platform which includes the android library, system image, emulator skins, sample apps and more. Isn't the system image the ROM?

8. ljbaumer

ljbaumer Well-Known Member

yeah I am running Android 2.2 in the emulator right now on the android sdk and there probably is some way of extracting those files into a download link, but so far you can't access the market on the emulator therefor you can't extract the essential files for the operating system so.... at this point you can't get 2.2 in your phone yet unless a ROM comes out for it.

and there is no sdcard to extract the files from on the emulator so there wouldn't even be a way to extract the files from the emulator itself

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

9. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

Still no rootie for leakers though, so maybe we can have our time machine after all.

10. jcase

jcase Well-Known Member

adb pull will extract them or you can jsut unyaffs th system.img