I'm 19 years old and student and plan to buy an evo soon: will my 'credit' be aproblem?

Last Updated:

1. rahuldang

rahuldang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just wondering because im on a couple of waiting lists and if they call me in, the account will be in my name and im a 19 year old college student. i dont have any unpaid tickets or unpaid bills or whatever. and i tried checking my credit online, but the website says that it can't display my credit for some reason. should i be worried? will i be denied the evo at the sprint store because of my credit? i put my moms info on the same site to check credit and hers came back fine, that's why im a little worried. any and all comments are greatly appreciated! thanks!

Advertisement
  2. christophermx4

christophermx4 Member

You should be ok. Sprint approved me, and I have horrible credit (Beacon below 600). While they'll probably put a spending limit on your account, it should be something reasonable (For example, you can't go over 200 dollars a month). Worst case scenario...they ask for a deposit, but you get that back.

Might as well have them run your credit at the store.

What do you have to lose?

3. manny84

manny84 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry. My credit is shit and Sprint offered me a 2-year contract.

T-Mobile and Verizon, however, declined me because of my bad credit. Weird.

4. emoore911

emoore911 Member

Sprint doesn't "decline" anyone. They will however ask for a $150.00 deposit and probably assign a credit limit. After one year of on time payments they will apply the $150 to your bill and remove the spending limit.

5. alansauce

alansauce Well-Known Member

If you're worried you can call sprint and have them check and start an account without the phone. If it's all fine then they'll give you a account number for when you activate the phone.

6. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

+1
    good idea.. OP should do this.. to ease your mind

7. BlackDave

BlackDave Well-Known Member

I am 19 years old and a college student with one unpaid medical bill (I think)

Sprint charged me $100 deposit fee and I have a $150 spending limit (if I go over my line gets disconnected until I bring my balance under).

So I think you should be fine if you call instead of going online

8. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member