Im a ******, can someone walk me through this

Last Updated:

1. Evil Sports

Evil Sports Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can someone meet me in AOL IM or something like that and walk me through it, I thought I was GTG but no, let me know here or pm me if yer willing to help me:eek:

Advertisement
  2. melophat

melophat Well-Known Member

might be a good idea to specify what you're trying to do... get root? s-off? flash a rom?

3. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member

my guess is he is trying to root, and went to All Things Root, and assumed all we talk about is how to root a phone.

If you are trying to root your Droid Incredible (Dinc) just follow the following instructions.

1. Download dinc_ota.zip, rename it to update.zip (just rename it to update, if you rename it update.zip it will rename it to update.zip.zip)and place it in the root of your SDCARD.
    2. Now boot into recovery by powering your phone off, holding the Volume Down button and the Power button, use the volume up/down buttons to highlight Recovery, and press the power button to select it, then select apply update.zip

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!
    **do NOT pull your battery during this process. Do NOT apply this update.zip twice. If you do either of these things, your phone is toast. It may seem like it's acting funny during the update, it will sort of go through the same looking update animation a few times, may even be a blank screen for awhile. BE PATIENT. don't assume the phone locked up and pull the battery. Just wait. I promise eventually it will finish the update and reboot your phone.**

3. Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Baseband version and verify that it's 2.05.00.06.11.
    4. Now download and run Unrevoked 3 to root and install ClockworkMod recovery.

once you are rooted with your new recovery, go to the market and download Rom Manager (it costs a buck or two) you will have to install the free one first, and then the premium, as the premium is just an update. once you do this, you can start flashing ROMs to your phone! I recommend the CyanogenMod6 RC3 or the Skyraider. Those are the most stable ROMS available through ROM Manager. There are other ROMs you can find on the internets but I haven't tried any of them.

4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Why would you want to applythe 2.05 radio that way? Root, forever, then flash the 2.15 radio, no scary brick talk that way.

5. manguard

manguard Member

Gonna have to agree with this. Less steps and known to be safer.

6. TXSooner

TXSooner Well-Known Member

I wish someone would come and do it for me :) I am sooo nervous about it. I want the new radio and I have been reading all over the forums about it, but I just cant make myself do it.

7. brianhenny

brianhenny Well-Known Member

^ i'm the same way. I think I can do it, but too scared of bricking it

8. Evil Sports

Got help today and it was much easier than expected, even did the radio;) but have not gone to 2.2 yet.

9. lafester

lafester Well-Known Member

Nobody has bricked doing this so you would be the first :)

It really is easy as pie. hardest part to rooting is getting the drivers set up so unrevoked can work its magic. really idiot proof.

10. BaronOfBlood

BaronOfBlood Well-Known Member

How is this safer/easier? Can you post a quick tutorial? ( I'm thinking about rooting and I wanted radio 2.15 and skayraider 2.5.2 vanilla)

11. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

My issue is that I am just too lazy to set everything back up. I have a bunch of apps (only 245mb free) and some apps are not available anymore.

If I do, it is adrynalyne's or the Sky one and the 2.15 radio.

12. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member

I've heard once you s-off you can't go back. what was hard about my instructions? he isn't rooted yet. just apply the zip and then root with unrevoked. it just sounds scarier than iti s. it only gets complicated if you have to unroot first.

13. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

It's all in the 2.15 radio thread, it's safer and easier because the 2.05 "ota" radio update was kinda scary :rolleyes: rebooted a few times, sat there looking like a dead fish for a while, plus if you somehow run it twice it bricks your phone, or if your battery goes dead or falls out in the middle of this process ya got a brick.

Installing the 2.15 radio isn't any harder than flashing a kernal or any other patch/rom. although i imagine you want to make sure you have a good charge, any time your messing with the radio you for sure don't was the phone powering off.

14. Evil Sports

Dropped the 2.2 on my phone yesterday, it booted up saying DROID and had the red eye:D
    I didnt lose all my APPs, it was perfect