I'm a new user and I've got some questions and problemsSupport

1. smashbro35

smashbro35 Member

;)1: my cursor (when my stylus hosts over screen) sometimes "clicks" whatever it is over
    2: how do I get apps like Gmail to go onto my toolbar thing for using two spots at once. I have seen images with Gmail for split screen, but it doesn't work for me.
    3: Is there a way to make custom calender events at to a certain time, and possibly get a reminder on the notification bar
    4: besides the image cut-out thing is there a way to take screen shots?
    5: I remember there being an app that sets my volume to change with the time, is there something like that for the note 2.
    edit:6: how do I remove pages, I accidentally made an extra one

Advertisement
  2. miss_vickies

miss_vickies Well-Known Member

hope this sorta helped.
    mntom likes this.
  3. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

I have the AT&T N2 and Gmail is there for me.

Attached Files:

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

1. Are you holding the S-pen in such a manner as to inadvertently click the button at certain times when moving the stylus around the screen? ;)

2. The most recent update enabled split screen. Check and post your version in "about phone."

3. There is a plethora of calendar event notification apps/widgets in Play Store. I've never relied on the stock calendar in any Android I've owned.

4. I can't stand the stock version of getting a pic of the screen, so I use Screen Shot UX from Play store.

5. Can't answer that one.. I'll read around. Perhaps another user here will know about time-related volume changes.

6. Just press and hold the one(s) you don't want (depending on your launcher, are you using the stock TouchWiz?) and drag it to the trash icon.
  5. Phoenix1974

Phoenix1974 Well-Known Member

Number 5 - i think you're after the one that you can set up to do certain things at certain times like silence after 10pm,is that correct? I think it's called Tasker.
  6. smashbro35

smashbro35 Member

1) My pen will be well above the screen when it clicks.
    2) my version is 4.1.1, I don't know if that's the best version but my phones won't update
    3) I have found a better calender app
    4)I like the hand swipe thing its pretty cool
    5) tasker is great
    6) thanks
  7. R4nd0mJ0k3r

R4nd0mJ0k3r Well-Known Member

My girlfriends did this out the box. Hold it loosely and tap it lightly against a hard surface (table edge worked for me) repeatedly.

Open your split-screen bar, click "edit" at the bottom. You should be able to add GMail form here.
    smashbro35 likes this.
  8. smashbro35

smashbro35 Member

I think the pen one worked no problems yet, but gmail is not there when i click edit.
  9. JustDriftin

JustDriftin Well-Known Member

If you are on Verizon you can't do it yet, hopefully after the 4.1.2 update we will.
  10. smashbro35

smashbro35 Member

Oh that sucks, i accidentally turned on a setting that says folder is open and folder is closed out loud, I can't figure out where to turn it off
  11. JustDriftin

Go to Phone Settings => Accessibility => under Services make sure TalkBack is set to OFF.

Also check to see if Driving Mode is on, pull down the notification area and swipe left or right to find.
  12. magpullin

magpullin Well-Known Member

Either my phone is screwed up or that is not it cuz I created a folder on the home screen that does that too.
    TalkBack is of as well as Driving Mode and it continues to tell me "Folder is open" and "Folder is closed" when I open and close it.
    Very annoying...
  13. JustDriftin

Double post, sorry
  14. JustDriftin

Do you have Light Flow installed? There is a known issue dating back to Nov 5th about voice notifications even when TalkBack and Driving Mode was off.

From the Light Flow program description page: Forum | SAMSUNG Developers