1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

I'm a rookie and i messed up my Karbonn A21.

1. KarbonnA21

KarbonnA21 New Member

Before I start, I'd like to tell you that I'm a n00b and apologize if this is in the wrong section or something!

Hi. I recently bought this phone, Karbonn A21, a dual sim Android 4.0.4 phone. Using a guide online, i rooted the phone. It worked perfectly for a day, but the next evening, one of the processes got corrupted. Anytime i tried to download anything, processes.android.media force closed/ stopped working. After hours of trying to figure out what to do, i finally gave in to the suggestion given on various webpages for this issue - to do a factory reset.

Now being the idgit rookie that i am, i did not know that factory resetting a rooted phone isn't a grand idea. I went ahead with the reset anyway and as a result, I have a phone with a lot of stock apps missing, the same problem of downloads still persisting and the android keyboard and maybe some other processes force closing and play store not working at all.

I was hoping a quick fix would be to flash the stock ROM, but i can't find it ANYWHERE! It's a phone of a not so popular company, that too a new model and it's got no files or anything related to it. In fact, the official website doesn't even have the drivers... i got x86 versions off someplace else (which was also a problem coz my comp was x64, but whatever...)

All in all, my awesome phone isn't awesome anymore and I really need help to fix it!!!
    Anyone?? :confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. zeyaan

zeyaan Member

Buddy what i suggest u to do is just flash stock recovery back and take it to KARBONN CENTER,

OR ASK FOR A 21 back up if u have cwm installed u may search here or may try xda forum as well