I'm accidentally ending phone calls...need help!Support

Last Updated:

1. Draetor24

Draetor24 Member This Topic's Starter

I am having a problem with phone calls and the Milestone's display. While on a call, the call display seems to repeatedly go off and on if I tilt the phone differently next to my ear.

First of all it's distracting to see lights flashing off and on repeatedly.

Secondly, it seems that sometimes my cheek will accidentally hit the End Call button, even if I didn't touch the screen. As long as my cheek is close enough, it detects a key press and ends the call.

My question is...how can I prevent this? Is there a way to keep the display off or on permanently during a call? Even if I hit the power button to turn the display off, it comes back on immediately as the phone moves on my ear.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

You should read your phone manual. The Milestone, like many other TS phones, has a proximity sensor which turns the screen off when you press it against your ear. The sensor is at the top of the device.

3. Draetor24

Oh, I've read the manual among other things. It still doesn't help me solve the problem.

Why am I ending calls when pressing the phone up to my ear then?

4. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

Hasn't happened to me but the issue has been discussed on this forum. It seams some of you people have strange ears or strange phone holding habits.

5. Draetor24

Well, I don't press the phone directly into my ear with high pressure if that's what you mean. I keep it at a comfortable distance to be able to still hear and not hurt my ear at the same time. This causes it to go off and on.

6. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

Just make sure your ear touches the phone, no extra pressure needed. It's like the light sensor, when you cover it the display will go dim.