• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Im always having to turn my Droid X off to get it to play my music,Anybody else have this problem?

Blitz28179

Oct 3, 2010
Here lately everytime I want to play my music I have to power down my droid X and back on.It reads this "This player doesnt support this music" or something like that.Once I shut down and back on it plays fine everytime.Any ideas on why I have to power down all the time?

Thanks in advance!!

it may be an app that you recently downloaded, when mine started to act up every time i wanted to play music, I finally went into see what was the last set of apps downloaded and remove a "live streaming TV" app that couldn't connect or work and since that it haven't been happening, give it a try and see if that helps...

Upvote 0
Very well documented. The solution is to NEVER use the stock "Music" app included by Motorola with the phone (indeed, its usage cascades into a whole bunch of other problems with the camera, gallery, video, etc). Instead, download a third party media app from the Market like PlayerPro, PowerAMP, WinAMP, Doubletwist, etc. Candidly, they are all better than the stock app. Smooth sailing thereafter. To my eye, PlayerPro is the best of the bunch.

Upvote 0
Very well documented. The solution is to NEVER use the stock "Music" app included by Motorola with the phone (indeed, its usage cascades into a whole bunch of other problems with the camera, gallery, video, etc). Instead, download a third party media app from the Market like PlayerPro, PowerAMP, WinAMP, Doubletwist, etc. Candidly, they are all better than the stock app. Smooth sailing thereafter. To my eye, PlayerPro is the best of the bunch.

Yes, download PowerAMP, that's what I use. It is far better than the stock player! I payed for it after the trial ran out....only 4.99, definatley worth it...try it out!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones