Im always having to turn my Droid X off to get it to play my music,Anybody else have this problem?Support

Last Updated:

1. Blitz28179

Blitz28179 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Here lately everytime I want to play my music I have to power down my droid X and back on.It reads this "This player doesnt support this music" or something like that.Once I shut down and back on it plays fine everytime.Any ideas on why I have to power down all the time?

Thanks in advance!!

Advertisement
  2. vampash1987

vampash1987 Member

Mine does the exact same thing! Don't get why though! It def is annoying!!

3. Xclusive

Xclusive Well-Known Member

it may be an app that you recently downloaded, when mine started to act up every time i wanted to play music, I finally went into see what was the last set of apps downloaded and remove a "live streaming TV" app that couldn't connect or work and since that it haven't been happening, give it a try and see if that helps...

4. PhilD

PhilD Well-Known Member

that's a well documented problem introduced with the Froyo 2.2 update. Motorola fixed it a month ago and everyone's waiting on Verizon to ship it out OTA.

5. Amaroth

Amaroth Well-Known Member

verizon is pissing me off.

6. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Very well documented. The solution is to NEVER use the stock "Music" app included by Motorola with the phone (indeed, its usage cascades into a whole bunch of other problems with the camera, gallery, video, etc). Instead, download a third party media app from the Market like PlayerPro, PowerAMP, WinAMP, Doubletwist, etc. Candidly, they are all better than the stock app. Smooth sailing thereafter. To my eye, PlayerPro is the best of the bunch.

7. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

2nd. the stock media player seems to be the cause. since I've started using poweramp and winamp, I've had zero problems.

8. tomnoir

tomnoir Active Member

I am also experiencing these problems. Anybody know when they will push out the update?

9. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Tomnoir, who cares? The workaround is free and easy. That's the beauty of Android: if the providers or manufacturers are slow to fix something, you can always count on third party developers. To wit, media players, Handcent for the sms thread order issue, etc.

10. jgreen0227

jgreen0227 Well-Known Member

Yes, download PowerAMP, that's what I use. It is far better than the stock player! I payed for it after the trial ran out....only 4.99, definatley worth it...try it out!

11. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

knowing VZW? when it's too late...