1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

IM app with file transfer?

Last Updated:

1. donnie

donnie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey

I was chatting with someone on MSN the other day, who was using an older Sony Ericsson mobile (no android). This person could snap pictures with the mobile, and send them directly to me over MSN, and also send other files, like mp3s and such.
    As far as I know, Meebo and Ebuddy can't do this. They can't even recieve the files. Surely my $500 Desire must be able to do this somehow? Which IM apps are able to do this, while also storing logs ?

Would it really be that hard for Microsoft to do an android version of MSN, just like it works on a computer? I mean... why storing logs on Meebo's server, when they could be stored on your SD ?

Advertisement
  2. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member

Hopefully Beejive will fill this gap... Until then I haven't found any IM app I like. I am only using the built in Gtalk app since it doesn't seem to kill the battery like others. No file transfer/picture sharing though which sucks.

I use GV for txt so the only way I can send pics is via email. Not the end of the world, but it was nice being able to do that via IM on Beejive on my iPhone.

Edit: Beejive is in Beta right now, just FYI in case you didn't know that.

donnie likes this.
  3. donnie

donnie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks

I just checked, and it seems like Beejive beta is closed now, so I guess it's just a matter of waiting.

4. jastonas

jastonas New Member

Msn talk pro will be able to send files as they say in later releases...