IM app?Support

Last Updated:

1. Smokexz

Smokexz Member This Topic's Starter

I have seen other devices (such as the HTC Hero) that have an app called IM, to my understanding this is the Stock Instant Messaging application. Is there any way I could get it on my Vibrant? I really want to try it and see if it can replace eBuddy.

Please and thank you!

Advertisement
  2. the1who

the1who Well-Known Member

I use Meebo IM where I can add as many of the IM accounts as I want. It has been my favorite and haven't found one to replace it. I use Pidgin on the computer and Trillian used to be my favorite. Pidgin is my desktop, and then this Meebo seems to be the next best thing to emulate that environment in my opinion. I don't like built in IM clients anyways. As far as this phone having it built in, I never saw it and don't think it was ever built in. I think they considered the account connectivity with buddies and linking accounts the best thing, IM must have been the second thought.

3. melll

melll Well-Known Member

MSN TALK

Free from The Market. Download it and you'll love it!

4. Veetus

Veetus Active Member

PingChat is pretty cool.

5. Smokexz

Smokexz Member This Topic's Starter

What does it have? I use Facebook and AIM chat.

Also, no one answered my MAIN question, is there a way to get the stock IM app on other phones(the Vibrant, etc.) Or is it part of the OS?

6. chaoscentral

chaoscentral Well-Known Member

Trillian gets my vote, even though its in beta right now, its still awesome. plus its free right now :)

google for it, not in market

The stock IM application is garbage, can't really tell if someones mobile, 1 account login at a time. Honestly Trillian is the way to go after I been using it for a few weeks now.

7. outlawz42

outlawz42 New Member

I agree, there is a QR code out there for the trillian app. Holler at google for it :p

8. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member

I have been using eBuddy and I hate it... I use trillion on my PC so im giving that a try on my Vibrant. thanks for the info.

9. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member

I was messing with trillion.... I really wish it would let me sort the list of online contacts better... I dont like my facebook chat to be on top of aim and yahoo.... oh well, other than that it seems pretty slick.