I'm assuming no real ICS?

1. Saltine713

Saltine713 Well-Known Member

So, I highly doubt even though this phone is still really new that it will ever get ICS because it is a single core phone. Is this correct to say, or does HTC have any plans to incorporate ICS into its previous phones, along with Sense 3.0?

Advertisement
  2. Godzilak

Godzilak Member

From my understanding, ICS doesn't require a dual-core phone, it just adds support for dual-cores that the earlier versions of Android don't have. As of right now, dual-core phones are not making the most of the dual-cores because Android just doesn't support them.
  3. Saltine713

That's what I heard. It seems that phones with 3D support need the dual core just to run the 3D. I really hope Inspires get ICS, along with Sense 3.0, maybe a non-3D version or something.
  4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

5. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Nexus One also contained a first generation snapdragon to my understanding. Our Inspire contains a second generation snapdragon. Not sure if that'll make much of an difference.
  6. Saltine713

Well the Desire S is getting Sense 3.0 and the newest version of Gingerbread.
  7. dots

dots Well-Known Member

There was also a leaked RUU a month or so ago for the DHD which had sense 3.0 and 2.3.4 or 2.3.5 of gingerbread. Can't remember which
  8. dylando808

dylando808 Well-Known Member

i also think we might not get the 4.0 update. the Inspire is a pretty powerful phone considering it's specs. but with all the devices HTC is releasing i don't think the Inspire will be high on their priority list.
    if we don't get it i won't be too upset. that might be the time i venture into rooting my phone though ;)
  9. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Well-Known Member

10. mojo_45

mojo_45 Member

11. dots

dots Well-Known Member

As far as the ICS rom goes on xda. I recommend use LordClockan's builds as they are the most up to date. zfreaks beta's are based on LordClockan's builds but Beta IV of zfreaks is kind of old.

There on the third post on the xda thread.

I use LordClockans builds pretty much as my daily driver rom since i can live without camera and a work around for sd mounting.
  12. ebritt

ebritt Active Member

Is ICS more efficient than GB, I mean as far as battery usage and stuff like that. What is the biggest advantage of ICS over GB?
  13. dots

dots Well-Known Member