• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm at 3GB data usage with a few more days in my billing cycle

JimmyHat

Dec 17, 2009
Since I got my Incredible, I use Pandora/Google Listen/Ustream/You Tube/Twit and just general non streaming surfing. When I can, I use WIFI. I don't consider myself a heavy user but know full well that my data usage will increase when Netflix and Slingbox come on board. It seems like I blew thru 2GB pretty quickly. Be careful people. It's not the data that we use today that will cost us. It's the future data usage. ATT customers are already realizing that and they will be screwed.

Since I got my Incredible, I use Pandora/Google Listen/Ustream/You Tube/Twit and just general non streaming surfing. When I can, I use WIFI. I don't consider myself a heavy user but know full well that my data usage will increase when Netflix and Slingbox come on board. It seems like I blew thru 2GB pretty quickly. Be careful people. It's not the data that we use today that will cost us. It's the future data usage. ATT customers are already realizing that and they will be screwed.

There has already been another thread stating the data plans are not going to change until 4g is out for verizon. And im sure they will have a plan higher than 2gb.

Upvote 0
I don't have my Incredible yet, but I am not a fan of the move from "unlimited" to tiered data plans. Unfortunately it looks as though Verizon is eying ATT's new method.

Verizon: End of Unlimited Data Plans Likely Coming Soon

The thing that irritates me most is that I can't buy these new phones without a data plan. I can wait until I get to wifi to get my data fix, so let me!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones